UKC

Trouble bending wrist - too much climbing?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Simonsays 28 Mar 2015
Hi UKC'ers I'm a new to the forum and hoping you can help me with what is probably a newbie problem.

I've been climbing on and off for the last few year but ramped it up in the last 6 months and have seen some decent improvements in my level - all on the indoor wall and climbing typically twice a week. What I have noticed Is that I now can't place my had flat against the wall because the tendons seems so tight in my right arm. So in an ideal world you could bend your wrist 90 degrees+ to your arms angle I can only manage say 70 degrees and straightening the fingers causes lots of resistance.

Seems to affect my right arms more than my left and it gets tired more easily climbing too. If I'm honest I probably didn't really do much post climb stretching until recently. Will additional stretching solve this or are there any other techniques to cure it? I'm trying to work on footwork and not be one of those climbers who relies on grip strength at the expense of all else just not sure how to solve the issue and keep my climbing improving.

Any ideas?
 summo 28 Mar 2015
In reply to Simonsays:

Too much something, what handed are you?!
 CrankCrimp 28 Mar 2015
In reply to Simonsays:

http://www.thera-band.com/

Check them out! Worked a dream for me
Simonsays 28 Mar 2015
In reply to summo:

Ha ha I had completely missed the potential for that joke when I wrote it! Right handed just strange that the left isn't so affected.
 goose299 29 Mar 2015
In reply to Simonsays:

Stop climbing for a week and see what happens

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...