UKC

Best circuit board in the NW

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tyler 01 Apr 2015
Which wall has the best circuit board in the NW, weather looks rubbish and most of my climbing partners are abroad but I'd still like to do a stamina session. I've been to most walls around but not the Hangar which I thought may be a candidate? Does Leeds depot have one? The one in Notts depot is brilliant
 Pagan 01 Apr 2015
In reply to Tyler:

Leeds Depot has one - I rate it; really well set circuits from 6a - 8a. Not as big as the Notts Depot board but still delivers a pretty vicious pump.
 French Erick 01 Apr 2015
In reply to Tyler:
NW of where? It's called UK climbing not Englandshire climbing!

Probably OTT but it really does my dome in when people are so vague, blissfully unawares of what they say!
Post edited at 12:46
 biscuit 01 Apr 2015
In reply to Tyler:

AWCC Stockport has 2 long Trueblu auto belay lines - grades up to 7a on both
 Ally Smith 01 Apr 2015
In reply to biscuit:

Nice try - there was another discussion amongst the assembled masses below the 45 last night bemoaning the lack of a circuit board at AWCC Stockport.

Three well set 25-30 move circuits on the 45; 7a, 7b, 7c would be highly pleasing to lots of folks.

A new 30 degree board with a bigger range circuits would be a real asset; my suggestion - convert the little used traverse wall at the far end of the bouldering area. Someone else said use the back of the campus board.

Don't wait until the competition comes along and blows you out the water!
 Ally Smith 01 Apr 2015
In reply to Tyler:

Hi Ash. The Hangar circuit board looks good, though i haven't climbed on it; only visited the physio instead!

I'm about over the long weekend if you wanted to get out on rock?
 Alex Riley 01 Apr 2015
In reply to Tyler:

Eden rock in Carlisle has cracking training facilities, proper north west
 Otis 01 Apr 2015
In reply to Tyler:

The boardroom has a training area with umpteen different ways to exhaust yourself!
OP Tyler 01 Apr 2015
In reply to Ally Smith:

Cheers Alley, I had written the weekend off as being a washout but looking at the forecast Sunday and Monday are looking reasonable. I still think it'll be too wet for plan A (Cave Route, Gordale) but Maham upper or Dinbren may offer some succour?
 galpinos 01 Apr 2015
In reply to Ally Smith:

Is there ever an "assembled masses" under the 45? It always seems pretty deserted......

I doubt they make any changes at Stockport. I'm just waiting for what the new Manchester Depot will produce........
OP Tyler 01 Apr 2015
In reply to Pagan, Otis and Alex:

Thanks, I'll bear them in mind although travelling to Carlisle may be stretching my enthusiasm for training a bit and I don't recall seeing anything worthwhile at the Boardroom, it's a big building though so may have missed it.
OP Tyler 01 Apr 2015
In reply to biscuit:

It always seems so busy though, mainly with people who are in pairs!
 Ally Smith 02 Apr 2015
In reply to Tyler:

Boardroom hasn't got what you want in terms of a circuit board - they missed the boat by setting some weird system style holds on their 45 that mainly consist of pinches rather than anything with any outdoor cross-over.

The Boardroom might work if you ran laps on the Psicobloc routes? Bit of a gimmick though to be honest.

Best option will be my back garden once i get the board built...
 Spengler 02 Apr 2015
In reply to Ally Smith:

They've reset it recently (in the last month or two I think), so there are now about five or six circular 20 move circuits on the 45, graded 6b to 7bish if I recall correctly. Mostly gone are the big blue holds.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...