UKC

Auchinstarry clean up and 'Surface Tension' video

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Willismorris 03 Apr 2015
Short write up and Video from yesterdays clean-up at Auchinstarry quarry and a lead attempt on 'Surface Tension'(E5,6b)
Enjoy!
https://willismorris.wordpress.com/2015/04/02/surface-tension-e56b/
 Fiend 03 Apr 2015
In reply to Willismorris:
It's E5 for the onsight only, if you're going to mention grades then it would be great to climb it in the style that gets the grade (and the challenge that it entails).

Well done on the clean-up, as per the other thread on exactly the same topic, that is a good thing to do, and appreciated.
Post edited at 20:35
 euanryan 03 Apr 2015
In reply to Fiend:

Ha.
 Kirriemuir 03 Apr 2015
In reply to Willismorris:

Enjoyed the video, and nice work on the rubbish removal.
Would have been nice to see those salmon pink with yellow piping trousers consigned to the depths of Loch Starry, and replaced with a more appropriately coloured pair.
Maybe in your next film?
I certainly hope so
OP Willismorris 03 Apr 2015
In reply to Kirriemuir:

haha they are a shock to the eyes eh!? i swear they're bright orange though...ach climbings all about being colourfull right?
will have to look for a salmon pink pair for the next video now that you've mentioned it though!!

cheers for the reply man!
 JLS 03 Apr 2015
In reply to Fiend:

To be fair, E5-6b is the only grade Surface Tension has. If I go top rope it, then I may say, I've top roped an E5-6b. Now that may be a bit meaningless but it would currently be the only widely accepted way to give any sense of the difficulty involved to anyone that "might" be interested. I'm sure the OP is just working up to onsighting an E5...

OP Willismorris 03 Apr 2015
In reply to JLS:

I totally agree, not sure if saying because it wasnt done onsight means it's not E5. got a few routes in mind that go at that grade, maybe an onsight one day!
 Robert Durran 03 Apr 2015
In reply to Fiend:
> It's E5 for the onsight only, if you're going to mention grades then it would be great to climb it in the style that gets the grade (and the challenge that it entails).

I assume you have have also had words with a certain well known climber about and a film misleadingly called E11 then

It is an E5 route but not an E5 tick. I don't think anything else was implied or, I presume and hope, claimed.

Nice little film.
Post edited at 22:23

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...