UKC

Anyone know any climbing charities who'd take spare stuff?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 full stottie 11 Apr 2015
Anyone know of any climbing charities who might want some old stuff that's still in reasonable good condition?

I have:
- 2 Petzl Ecrin-Roc helmets, red
- 1 Karrimor Hot Earth Climbing Sack (red and green)
- 3 pairs of Scarpa Force rockboots size 43.5 velcro (9) and a pair of Red Chilli Spririt VCR velcros, same size. All of these boots have a decent amount of wear left in them and I've cleaned them up!

I'm having a clear out and there may be some other stuff to come, and I'd like it to go somewhere it would be useful rather than to the tip. I'd be happy to post it at my expense

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Dave
 Big Steve 11 Apr 2015
In reply to full stottie:

I know of some climbing groups in Turkey that would appreciate any spare gear. There is one in particular I have in mind that provides sporting activities for poor people in Ankara. I'd be happy to take anything out with me next time I go to visit the in-laws
 Bobling 11 Apr 2015

How about that place down in Cornwall that there was a bit of a UKC drive to help a few years back....ah here we go The Hope Project, St Agnes Head http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=4515
OP full stottie 11 Apr 2015

Thanks for suggestions so far. I'll give it another day then try to make contact with you or your contacts. Its proving surprisingly difficult to give stuff away to organisations, unless its money.

Dave
 iccle_bully 12 Apr 2015

How about your local scouts, guides or cadets? We've given stuff to them before.
 Wsdconst 12 Apr 2015

Sell them on ebay and donate the money perhaps ??
 Michael Gordon 12 Apr 2015

Try selling on here and then donate?
OP full stottie 12 Apr 2015
In reply to Big Steve:

yhm
OP full stottie 12 Apr 2015

Thanks everybody for suggestions. I have found a willing recipient.

Cheers

Dave

Mountain rescue? Some teams have carboot sales and need stuff to sell, failing that, sell the items yourself and give the money to your chosen charity.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...