UKC

Britains most impressive piece of unclimbed rock, where is this?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Myers 12 Apr 2015

http://ethanwalkerclimbing.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/the-art-of-climbing.html - check out the second to last painting, where is Britain's best unclimbed rock?
Post edited at 18:38
In reply to Andy Myers: Likely to be one of the monster stacks way out west around Hirta or the Faeroes. The fact that you can't really tell where or what it is loses marks in my book, there's vanishingly little context. It's just a bunch of grey innit. And a gull.

Doug 12 Apr 2015
In reply to Frank the Husky:
if its the Faeroes, its not British

but agree that it's likely to be somewhere in Scotland, although as its grey rather than red its probably not sandstone
Post edited at 19:18
 JJL 12 Apr 2015
In reply to Andy Myers:

If it's where I think, it's a prow, not a stack
 JCurrie 12 Apr 2015
In reply to Andy Myers:
Stac Lee off Boreray is my punt. The bird is a gannet.
Jase
 kwoods 12 Apr 2015
In reply to Andy Myers:

The flank of Stac Lee came to mind, tho the stac has been climbed by easier routes.
 Jamie B 13 Apr 2015
In reply to Andy Myers:

It could be absolutely anywhere. We could speculate endlessly. And probably will...

Alternatively, emailing the artist might be more productive?
pasbury 13 Apr 2015
In reply to JJL:

The Basteir Tooth?
 Andy Moles 13 Apr 2015
In reply to pasbury:

Not hundreds of feet high and not a haunt of gulls, though it does look a bit like it and a direct line up the nose of the Basteir Tooth would be pretty cool.
OP Andy Myers 13 Apr 2015
In reply to Andy Myers:

I did send a message to the artist hoping for a reply but I haven't got anything back from him yet.
Removed User 13 Apr 2015
In reply to Andy Myers:
I'm pretty sure this is at the far left hand side of Pule Hill. You often see seagulls up there, they feed off the carrion from paragliders mown down on the A62.
Post edited at 14:48
In reply to kwoods:
I was there in summer, looks more like Stac an Armin than Stac Lee in my opinion.
Post edited at 15:28
OP Andy Myers 13 Apr 2015
In reply to Andy Myers:

The artist got back to me and it's Stac Lee, St. Kilda. There were some spot on replies in there! Cheers guys
 JJL 13 Apr 2015
In reply to JCurrie:

> The bird is a gannet.

That's a horribly sexist way to talk about her

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...