UKC

stanage caves

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kallum98 17 Apr 2015
Hi all. I have recently stayed (bivi - wild) at both cave systems at stanage edge, robin hood's cave and the alternative with two entrances. I have never encountered them but are the rumours of the wardens true and what is to be expected from an encounter?

Cheers, Kallum.
 ro8x 17 Apr 2015
In reply to kallum98:

It's like something out of a cheap horror film.
 Offwidth 17 Apr 2015
In reply to kallum98:

If you are staying as a bivi for one night and are clean and polite there is normally no problem
OP kallum98 17 Apr 2015
In reply to Offwidth:

Thats the way we've kept it both times, and as 15-16 yr olds there's been no alcohol involved... I'm just concerned that sometime soon we may not be so lucky as to avoid them!
Removed User 17 Apr 2015
In reply to kallum98:

A few friends of mine had a 'Cave Rave' including deckchairs and MDMA. The warden was round at 6/7 am and not very impressed to say the least...
OP kallum98 17 Apr 2015
In reply to Removed User:

In a case of complete sobriety over Christmas my friend fell and broke his legs from the entrance ledge, so we would never introduce such factors to the equation... Bet that makes for a great story though!
 gethin_allen 17 Apr 2015
In reply to kallum98:

When needing to clear my head I used to go walking over stanage edge late in the evenings. I think I scared a few cave dwellers and I once bumped into a warden who I chatted with for a while. I've no idea if he was heading to check out the cave as we didn't discuss it.

If I were planning on staying there my main plan would be to keep the lights to a minimum and possibly even put up a makeshift curtain or handrail a) to keep things private and b) I've been known to sleepwalk around the house so could do with something to keep me in the cave.
 katyc 18 Apr 2015
In reply to gethin_allen:

The Wardens a sound guy (or he was a few years ago).

Stayed in October, woke up early. Warden appeared about 7am, checked which car reg. Was ours and asked us not to stay for more than a couple of nights to allow other folk to use the cave.
chatted on for a bit, then left us to it.
In reply to kallum98:

I remember once towing my arse to get up cave arete, and there were some people in the cave, as I pulled over the top to safety, one guy said to the other, 'this caves mint, I once spent 6 weeks in here when I was on the run from the law' If i hadn't been so f*cked I might have come up with a witty comment and asked him if he was a modern day Robin Hood!
 BnB 18 Apr 2015
In reply to Removed User:

> A few friends of mine had a 'Cave Rave' including deckchairs and MDMA. The warden was round at 6/7 am and not very impressed to say the least...

Does he have something against deck chairs?
OP kallum98 19 Apr 2015

Gethin, if I ever needed somewhere to just clear my head or escape for a while I'd probably go there... And we only use a few candles for light and blow them out before we go to sleep! Wouldn't actually mind meeting the wardens now after some of these stories
Post edited at 16:07

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...