UKC

Nexus 7 Charging Problem

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 19 Apr 2015
I've just put the Tomtom GO app on my Nexus 7 and have just been out to "road test".

I know that satnav take a lot of power but I've had the tablet connected to the car power supply. However the tablet does not appear to be charging up when the satnav is running, if anything it's draining the battery.

Grateful for any tips or guidance.

Thanks.
 Luke90 19 Apr 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

I've got no specific experience with the Nexus 7 but tablets can easily use more power than a relatively anemic charger can provide. You might find a car charger that delivers more current but it will be hard to know in advance whether it will be any more effective.

Some advice here, via Google: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1959543
5tormin' 19 Apr 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

This app checks charger and cable transfer rates
Ampere Pro v1.43 Final - android-zone.ws.apk
 wilkie14c 19 Apr 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

As said above, you need a 2 amp charging adaptor for the 12v car socket. Most phone car adapters with a USB socket are generally 0.5 amp and it's simply not enough for a tablet. You can get one from wilkinsons and the like
 The Lemming 19 Apr 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

> I know that satnav take a lot of power but I've had the tablet connected to the car power supply. However the tablet does not appear to be charging up when the satnav is running, if anything it's draining the battery.

Yep, the same thing happened to me when I plugged my Nexus 7 into the car power supply.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...