UKC

Lightroom 6 to be released Tuesday 21st April ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
OP ChrisJD 21 Apr 2015
In reply to ChrisJD:

LR-6 Standalone Perpetual License Upgrade (£60) currently downloading
In reply to ChrisJD:

Does that mean all subsequent versions are free after paying your £60 for LR6?
OP ChrisJD 21 Apr 2015
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

I already had LR-5, so £60 is upgrade to LR-6. The licence for LR-6 is perpetual. Cost doesn't include any future upgrades to LR-7.

The other option is subscription at £9 ish per month (LR & PS). Hence the new descriptor of Perpetual to differentiate from the (newish) subscription based approach.
 The Lemming 21 Apr 2015
In reply to ChrisJD:

Would it be worth upgrading my LR 2 for this incarnation?
OP ChrisJD 21 Apr 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

Every iteration has been worth it if you use it at least a fair bit.
 Fraser 21 Apr 2015
In reply to ChrisJD:

Cheers for the heads-up.
 greg_may_ 22 Apr 2015
In reply to ChrisJD:

Better take a look at this, have a chunk of photos to run through!
 Xharlie 22 Apr 2015
In reply to ChrisJD:

The new stuff in Lightroom, as of today: http://www.macrumors.com/2015/04/21/adobe-lightroom-updated-with-new-featur...
(And, unlike that horribly designed lightroomkillertips site, you can actually READ them on macrumours - no need to sit through videos.)

Is PhotoNinja still better than Lightroom?
 greg_may_ 22 Apr 2015
In reply to Xharlie:

Right, so to get this straight in my head.

The upgrade to Lr6 is a one off payment for a stand alone program.

If you're already "renting" Lr5 month by month at £9, you have to wait until the 12 month contract is up, then cancel, and move to buy Lr6
OR
You pay £47.50 to upgrade to Lr6 with all the digital extras as well.

If this is the case. I think I'll be waiting another 4 months then buying Lr6 outright!
OP ChrisJD 22 Apr 2015
In reply to ChrisJD:

Well I didn't realise how much I needed Face Recognition

Great fun going through - works pretty well and I'm sure it will only get better.

The Stitching (from a couple of goes) looks very good (though simple choices) as well and it creates a new .dng file.

Not tried the HDR yet.
 FactorXXX 22 Apr 2015
In reply to greg_may_:

If you're already "renting" Lr5 month by month at £9, you have to wait until the 12 month contract is up, then cancel, and move to buy Lr6

Not sure if I've read your comment correctly with regards as to how Lightroom will update if you are a monthly subscriber.
As far as I know, if you're currently subscribing to Lightroom 5 and Photoshop CC, Lightroom will be upgraded to Lightroom CC when you next select 'Upgrades'. Anyhow, that's what happened to mine last night...
OP ChrisJD 22 Apr 2015
In reply to FactorXXX:

I Agree - I thought that was the WHOLE point of the subscription model - you always get the latest version of the software.
 Xharlie 22 Apr 2015
In reply to greg_may_:
"OR You pay £47.50 to upgrade to Lr6 with all the digital extras as well."

Wot? How do you get that?

I don't think you can "upgrade" to stand-alone if you have the creative-cloud version. You must cancel that subscription (which is what I intend to do) and then either buy the stand-alone or upgrade another stand-alone license.

EDIT: Also - I don't think you get any "digital extras" (whatever they are) with the stand-alone version.
Post edited at 14:07
OP ChrisJD 22 Apr 2015
In reply to Xharlie:

> I don't think you get any "digital extras" (whatever they are) with the stand-alone version.

You don't get Lightroom Mobile with stand-alone
moffatross 22 Apr 2015
In reply to Xharlie:

> (And, unlike that horribly designed lightroomkillertips site, you can actually READ them on macrumours - no need to sit through videos.)

> Is PhotoNinja still better than Lightroom?

Has Lightroom added anything new to its RAW processing ? I'm sure if you want facial recognition, panorama stitching and HDR image merging, Lightroom would be seen as better than Photo Ninja, but it's the 'raw' RAW processing capability that I paid for with Photo Ninja.

The review site above is misleading ....
---------------------------------------
"Unlike other photo editing apps, Adobe's HDR Merge works directly with both JPG and RAW images. Because it works with RAW files, a high-quality HDR image can be created from as few as two photos. Other HDR options typically require more photos at different exposure levels to create a suitable image."
---------------------------------------
The freeware tool, 'Luminance HDR' has been capable of merging 2 or more RAW images as as well as JPG's for as long as I can remember.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtpfsgui/
Post edited at 14:45

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...