UKC

Sgurr a'Chaorachain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 joe.91 27 Apr 2015
Does anybody know how Sgurr a'Chaorachain is for drying time, thinking about heading there at the weekend. Guessing the Cioch Nose can be done after rain but wondered how the Sword of Gideon would be like.
 Andy Nisbet 27 Apr 2015
In reply to joe.91:

Sword of Gideon dries pretty quickly, especially if there's sun. Other routes on that face less quick.
OP joe.91 27 Apr 2015
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

Cheers thanks Andy!
 Michael Gordon 27 Apr 2015
In reply to joe.91:

I would have said a lot of that stuff (Gideon's Wrath etc) was quick drying.
 Andy Nisbet 27 Apr 2015
In reply to Michael Gordon:

> I would have said a lot of that stuff (Gideon's Wrath etc) was quick drying.

Yes in summer but it's early season and I don't know how much rain is happening now and recently. So I was being cautious.
 Wicamoi 27 Apr 2015
In reply to Andy Nisbet:

Lots of snow last night and more today - the snow line was a long way below the Sword of Gideon buttress this afternoon. With a cold week in prospect and perhaps more snow to come I'd not be too confident for the weekend.
OP joe.91 28 Apr 2015
In reply to Wicamoi:

Well in that case the trip may be postponed! Roughly how low down is the snow line?
 Wicamoi 28 Apr 2015
In reply to joe.91:

The snow line on west-facing slopes above Diabaig looks to be about 350-400 m at present (yesterday afternoon on Bealach na Ba it was maybe 250 m).
 Jamie B 29 Apr 2015
In reply to joe.91:

Loads of good low-level cragging around Torridon and Gairloch, probably a better bet.
 Wicamoi 01 May 2015
In reply to joe.91:

Probably too late for you, but I passed Sword of Gideon again today and the whole buttress was dry. The Cioch looked dry too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...