UKC

What's happened to Picasa?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jon 27 Apr 2015
Help... all our Picasa album folders appear to still exist but the photos in them have gone. Have they been transferred somewhere else or have they really gone? Can I access them a different way?
 DancingOnRock 27 Apr 2015
In reply to jon:

Mine are still there.

Are you logged in?
OP jon 27 Apr 2015
In reply to DancingOnRock:

Yes.
 DancingOnRock 27 Apr 2015
In reply to jon:

Sounds like you need to contact them directly then.
 Mr Lopez 27 Apr 2015
In reply to jon:

You can check if they are still in google´s cache. Enter in the address bar:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:

followed by the folder's URL

If they are still there you may want to download them before they are gone for good
OP jon 28 Apr 2015
In reply to Mr Lopez:
Well we've got the photos stored elsewhere so there's no problem there, it's just the inconvenience of it. Strangely though, after last night's panic, two people we've sent links to as a test can see the photos as normal whereas we can't see them at all. How can this happen? Also we can't make new albums...
Post edited at 10:23
 ByEek 28 Apr 2015
In reply to jon:

I note that all my picasa photos have been transferred onto Google+.
OP jon 28 Apr 2015
In reply to ByEek:
Ah, that's interesting. Were you already signed up to Google+ before this happened?

I'd be interested to know if people who can still see them are seeing them on Picasa as before or on Google+.
Post edited at 11:08
 malky_c 28 Apr 2015
In reply to jon:

I think Google+ is slowly taking over, which wouldn't bother me except there's no function to link to photos in it.

I think I had the same problem as you yesterday, but wasn't sure if it was temporary. I was using Internet Explorer. I re-opened the same web page in Google Chrome and the photos were still visible there - worth a try?
OP jon 28 Apr 2015
In reply to malky_c:
Well thanks for that. You're right, it's completely as before on Chrome... But why?
Post edited at 11:22
 ByEek 28 Apr 2015
In reply to jon:
> Well thanks for that. You're right, it's completely as before on Chrome... But why?

IE is still a pile of crock?

I still haven't forgiven them for the fact they never implemented the BLINK tag!
Post edited at 11:44
 Dave Garnett 28 Apr 2015
In reply to jon:

> Well thanks for that. You're right, it's completely as before on Chrome... But why?

It's the Curse of the Cloud. Be warned!
 malky_c 28 Apr 2015
In reply to jon:

No idea. When it comes to IT, once I've worked out how to solve a problem, I rarely delve into the 'why'!
 DancingOnRock 28 Apr 2015
In reply to malky_c:

Which version of IE?

This whole 'choice' between browsers that's supposed to be good for the consumer is anything but.
 malky_c 28 Apr 2015
In reply to DancingOnRock:

Not sure - somewhere between 6 - 8 I think. However I'm getting the same problem with IE11 at work (which is where I'm posting from now).
 Mowglee 28 Apr 2015
In reply to malky_c:

Picassa still exists but it's hard to get to it through the normal links. All links seem to now redirect to Google+

I still use mine for hosting pictures and use this link to get to it: https://picasaweb.google.com/home
OP jon 28 Apr 2015
In reply to Mowglee:

Thanks for the link. Perfect!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...