UKC

donating to Nepal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Peakpdr 02 May 2015
Does anyone know where I can send Tents, sleeping bags to help out with the disaster in Nepal..

Cheers
In reply to pauldr:

I realise you're probably wanting to send personal kit that you already have, but you can also donate money to a charity which essentially does this all the time: Shelterbox.

http://www.shelterbox.org/
In reply to Martin not maisie:

The logistics or getting things centralised, categorised, checked and shipped these days seems to be prohibitive for emergency situations. As time goes on it may become more appropriate but in the short term money to shelterbox, DEC, or Redcross is going to be of more use I would think
OP Peakpdr 02 May 2015
In reply to Martin not maisie:

Already donated cash .. would like to send some kit aswell
OP Peakpdr 02 May 2015
In reply to idiotproof (Buxton MC):

there is a need for shelters/ tents/ sleeping bags now
In reply to pauldr:

> there is a need for shelters/ tents/ sleeping bags now

I think we are all aware of that!

What I was saying that what the charities/relief organisation need now is probably cash and not a shipping container full of tents and sleeping bags that, at best, will take 2-3 weeks to arrive. They are more than likely ploughing all their resources into utilising existing provisions and for want of a better phrase 'designed' emergency relief shelters. Hang onto the tent and sleeping bags and their may be a later appeal when things on the ground are more manageable and they have time to plan the more long term efforts
In reply to pauldr:

> Already donated cash .. would like to send some kit aswell

Understood, and it reflects well on you that you want to help. It seems right now that the best we can do is to either support our own charities' logistics, or close-to-the-ground Nepalese charities like CAN.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...