UKC

sharm el sheikh, Any DWS?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 timmyhobby 04 May 2015
as above. is it worth bringing climbing shoes on our holiday?
In reply to timmyhobby: Nothing! All the climbing is further north. The rock deteriorates in quality the further out from the central highlands that you go. It starts off as super solid granite, and by the time you get the the hell that is Sharm, it's crumbly sandstone. There's sport climbing in Wadi Qnai near Dahab, which is 2hrs north of Sharm. Full on trad in and around St Katherine's (Mt Sinai) 1hr west of Dahab. Dahab is a lot nicer than Sharm BtW, but I imagine you are already booked in and paid up.

OP timmyhobby 04 May 2015
In reply to Frank the Husky:

the main reason for the trip is to go diving, and yes all booked up and leaving tomorrow, just packing my bags now!
 dobby 200 04 May 2015
In reply to timmyhobby:

I spent a year and a half working in Dahab, there is some (very chossy from my one experience) climbing near Dahab, but everything else could find online in thre area was further north, near mount Sinai
 Offwidth 05 May 2015
In reply to dobby 200:

You mean west. The Sinai climbing is wonderful with lots of interesting culture and very friendly and helpful locals. Its a sharp contrast at times... on the flights to Sharm you get to sit next to some of the worst examples of our western culture.
Removed User 05 May 2015
In reply to Offwidth:

Surely the 'worst' all on in first/business class?!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...