UKC

Camping and Bouldering.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 john_mx 04 May 2015
Hello, a couple of mates and I are looking to go camping where there is some bouldering, one of the guys who is comeing is new to it!

Is there anywhere in north wales which will have some easy bouldering for him and something like v5-6 for us ?

Thanks.
OP john_mx 05 May 2015
In reply to john_mx:

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
 climber34neil 05 May 2015
In reply to john_mx:

I would go for nant peris campsite (or other options in the valley ) then can just walk into the pass where you will find quality classic bouldering at all grades
OP john_mx 05 May 2015
In reply to climber34neil:

Thank you ever so much for your help! Really appreciate it! I'll check it out.

Thanks you.
 climber34neil 05 May 2015
In reply to john_mx:

No worries, if you've not been befor look for problems such as boysons groove, king of drunks, eutopia block, lordy lordy, etc, plenty to go at and eutopia block has some great easier problems to,
OP john_mx 06 May 2015
In reply to climber34neil:

Thanks for the help are there any campsites in particular that you'd recommend? Llyn Gwynant maybe?
 climber34neil 06 May 2015
In reply to john_mx:

Llyn gwynant is ok but can get really midgy at times but handy for elephantitus cave bouldering. If you have transport then there are lots if campsites you could choose depending on what kind of site you want. Beddgelert forest has a large site with all the things you would expect from a caravan club but also takes tents where as the nant peris site is more cheap and cheerful with basic facilities but conveniently close to the pass for the bouldering, willies barn near tryfan is also good and I think there is a camping barn there as well if you prefer that. The campsite on the main road near capel curig is always busy, basic facilities but close to aa good pub and café which does good breakfasts, can't remember the name of the site but it's on the left as you go from Betws y Coed to capel curig

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...