UKC

Route setting association

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alex Mason 05 May 2015
Hi,

I'm just looking at public liability insurance renewals for route setting and one insurer required I be a member of the RSA (route setting association).
Does anyone have any experience of being registered with them? It seems an unnecessary red-tape organisation and appears fairly costly to undertake their courses.
Is this a superfluous money making scheme or are there genuine benefits in becoming a member?

Any clarity on this would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Alex
 JR 05 May 2015
In reply to Alex Mason:

It's a not-for-profit and it's free until 1st June 2015, then £10 - hardly going to break your bank - and it's effectively marketing for you. If the insurance was £10 less as a result of being a member then you're quids in.
OP Alex Mason 05 May 2015
In reply to John Roberts (JR):

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the response. As I understand it though that qualifies you as an aspirant member, the £200 courses certify your membership? I could be wrong on this one though??

Cheers
 stuartholmes 06 May 2015
In reply to Alex Mason:

Hi Alex.
I'm a member and have done the course would say it's definitely worth while. I set for a long time before doing the course and learnt a lot of the rope access and HSE side. They work a lot with the ABC and the way things are going I think it's only a matter of time before a course will be a required by many walls. Also for a lot of schools and leisure centres with walls it is good to have it as they generally do not know what to expect and I get some enquiries due to being listed on the RSA website.

+ cheaper insurance almost half price for p&s policy.

But currently it's personal choice just means potentially paying a bit more for either option this year.
OP Alex Mason 06 May 2015
In reply to stuartholmes:

Hi Stuart,

Ok, I think I'm convinced now cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...