UKC

How long to learn to slackline?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Greasy Prusiks 06 May 2015
Anyone any experience of this? Kinda intrigued as to how hard it is, can anyone learn, time taken to learn ect?
 girlymonkey 06 May 2015
In reply to ACollins:

We got one last year. Within an hour or so I was balancing and walking a few steps. But if I left it more than a few days before doing it then I was more or less back to square one. I've not done it now since the autumn, so I expect to be more or less beginner level again.
However, for me it's some entertainment to play on while hanging around at the park or having a bbq, so not too bothered if I never get that good at it
 Mostin3 06 May 2015
In reply to ACollins:

In my case. F*cking ages
 balmybaldwin 06 May 2015
In reply to ACollins:

An hour to learn the basics, years to become a master.... its good fun to learn, mess around with your mates etc.

The important thing is to take it wherever you go on trips etc.

They are very useful for catching children running blindly around the font campsites! (in all seriousness don't leave one up unattended)
 DaveHK 06 May 2015
In reply to ACollins:

Like anything else it depends how much time you want to commit. If it's just the odd day in the park then it will take a while but if you commit a block of time you will make quicker progress. However as pointed out above most folk with reasonable balance can take a few steps after a couple of hours of practice.

In reply to ACollins:

Cheers for the responses everyone. I'll give it a go it sounds like a laugh. How sturdy do you need the supports to be? And catching out children at font sounds a good secondary function .
 DaveHK 06 May 2015
In reply to ACollins:

> How sturdy do you need the supports to be?

Substantial tree sturdy. I got dogs abuse for using the metal, concreted in washing line posts in our garden. They only lasted one session...
 aln 06 May 2015
In reply to balmybaldwin:

> They are very useful for catching children running blindly around the font campsites! (in all seriousness don't leave one up unattended)

Last time I was at Font the slackliners on the campsite were the loudest most obnoxious running around blindly tw*ts there.
In reply to DaveHK:

Ok thanks Dave, I'll have a mooch round see if there's any good looking trees in parks near me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...