UKC

Offwidth website updates

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Offwidth 07 May 2015

The new Rockfax Eastern Grit guide is here and as ever when updating 'Offwidth', the lower grade gritstone website, we try and do a tidy up on the pages affected. If anyone has any issues on site content on the eastern grit (possibly wrong grades, errors, missing routes or problems etc) that they feel could be improved please let us know (through my profile link on UKC).

http://offwidth.uptosummit.com/guides.html

We are always happy for any feedback on any part of the site, but for the moment we are stuck with the site stucture (due to being very busy) so we are not looking to change that yet, clunky as it is.

The site is non-commercial and designed to supplement the information in the existing excellent peak district guidebooks. UKC kindly give us permission to post updates here.
Post edited at 09:46
OP Offwidth 11 May 2015
In reply to Offwidth:

Some examples of grade changes... the Burbage North set:

Route 3 HVD 4a to S 4a
Roite 5 S 4b to HVD 4a
The Chant VS 5a to HVS 5a
Chant Direct Start 5c to 5b
Triangle Buttress Direct Problem 5a to f5A
Banana Finger Direct V4 to f6C
Burgess Buttress M to D
Burgess Street M to D
All Quiet Sitter V9 to f7B
Stomach traverse VS 4c to HVS 4c
Detour HVD 4a to S 4a
Striker E3 6c to f7C+
Artificial Stimulant E2 5c to E2 5b
Bilberry Face VD to S 4a
Ringo S 4b to S 4a
Slit Slab HVD to HVD 4b
Submission HVS 5a to VS 5a
Bilberry Cake HVS 5a to VS 4c
Alpha Crack VS 4c to HS 4b
Farcical Arete S 4a to S 4b
April Fool VD to HVD
End Buttress M to D
End Slab M to D

I'd be interested to know why some of these changed (especially the Mods now you can no longer vote Mod)
OP Offwidth 12 May 2015
In reply to Offwidth:

.... also aa Burb North...Right Fin gets HVS 5a in the new guide and V1 5a in the new bouldering guide.
 Stone_donkey 13 May 2015
In reply to Offwidth:

Does the site need Adobe Flash player to display properly? This is now blocked for me (at work) due to the large number of security issues that seem to go with it (Adobe, not your site) - all i get is a blank page these days. Shame, as i used to visit there alot!
Removed User 13 May 2015
In reply to Stone_donkey:
Yes, requires flash.

As far as content goes, same issues as always, needs picture topos to be useful.
Post edited at 14:08
OP Offwidth 13 May 2015
In reply to Removed User:
If its useful in that sense it becomes a guidebook. Its absolutely not that... if you want a guidebook buy one of the excellent ones avaliable. It is intended to supplement guidebooks by providing independant comments on the vast majority of Peak grit routes and problems at lower grades and lists issues pertaining to their guidebook descriptions (like all the main historical grades).

Sorry, yes, Flash, but that was partly to stop folk using it as a guidebook.
Post edited at 23:25

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...