UKC

Glenmarksie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Heike 07 May 2015
Lovely crag, anyone been recently. Was a wee bit dirty. Not too bad on the HVSs, but wou.d need a clean for the harder routes ...I was thinking of organising a cleaning and climbing meet. Anyone up for it??
Heikex
 Andy Nisbet 07 May 2015
In reply to Heike:

Would do but I'm away soon.
 Captain Solo 11 May 2015
In reply to Heike:
Hi Heike
Crag certainly has some good HVSs, haven't been for nearly 2 years though.
Phobos and Diemos should have been clean enough, both considered low in the grade.
Give me a shout if you get something organised.
capt.
 aln 11 May 2015
In reply to Heike:

I was there about 10 years ago and wasn't impressed. Scruffy rock all leaning the wrong way, routes all seemed similar, nothing stood out. And the worst tick infestation I've ever encountered. Went there from Central Belt on a recommendation and was disappointed, maybe if you're local...
Highlight was the folk in the house with loads of Huskies. Are they still there?
 Robert Durran 11 May 2015
In reply to Captain Solo:

> Phobos and Diemos should have been clean enough, both considered low in the grade.

Did both these a couple of years ago and they were really excellent. Well worth keeping clean. A good option crag when being chased from the west by the weather (certainly better than that awful conglomerate bolted place just up the road.............

OP Heike 11 May 2015
In reply to Robert Durran:
Yes, we had quite a nice day there last Monday (a week ago - bank holiday), did four or so of the HVSs and a Severe, they were lovely, if a bit mossy, but not too bad, but the harder routes which Brian had eyed up initially could do with some scrubbing! The moss was just drying off too from the day before...I think a cleaning meet would be great! Lovely wee spot.

Never saw any Huskies, but did have loads of ticks... (best one was on our 5 year old's eyelid...he didn't complain though)
Post edited at 23:37
 mike barnard 12 May 2015
In reply to Heike:

Early season is good for this crag before the bracken gets too bad. Strategic Arms Limitation is also a good one and quite soft (maybe E3 5c?)
 French Erick 12 May 2015
In reply to mike barnard:

But at the moment will feel E6 5c it's that dirty at the top! I would volunteer to help cleaning if it wasn't for the fact that I will only be available 10 of the 40 coming days due to work. After I'm off to France.
Do clean Startegic arms...it's been on my radar for a while ta much

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...