UKC

MIA Trainee offering free instruction in Wales and Lakes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mike Nolan 09 May 2015
I'm currently preparing for my Mountaineering Instructor Award assessment and as part of the preparation, I'm offering free tuition. This includes teaching scrambling, lead climbing, and progression to multi-pitch climbing. I can also provide guiding days.

I'm looking for people (preferably in pairs) to teach in North Wales or the Lake District. I will happily take all ability levels, from complete beginners to people who already have experience, but may want to improve their climbing.

The more sessions the better for me, so don't be afraid to get in touch. I can be quite flexible, so let me know and we'll see if we can arrange some dates.

Please email me at mikenolan94@icloud.com and we can go from there.

PLEASE NOTE:

MIA Trainee
- As an MIA trainee I do not, as yet, hold the Mountaineeting Instructor Award which is the recognised qualification for the instruction of scrambling and multi-pitch rock climbing in the UK. I've undergone the training course, but training for an award does not constitute a qualification. The term aspirant should not be used as a level of competency for multi-pitch climbing has not been assessed.

Insurance
- I do not hold insurance that allows me to receive payment or benefits in kind for instruction, but as a volunteer with membership of a mountaineering council of the UK or Eire I am insured for third part liability. These topics will need to be discussed in detail and agreed before an activity is conducted.

OP Mike Nolan 12 May 2015
In reply to Mike Nolan: I've had a great response from here so far, just a quick bump with some dates.

I've currently got free time between 31/05 - 05/06 and then from 11/06 through until the beginning of August.

Let me know if you're interested in scrambling days, learning to lead climb or multi pitch climbing.

Cheers,
Mike
 mike_clayton 14 May 2015
In reply to Mike Nolan:

Been out climbing loads with Mike loads, knows what hes talking about. Id definitely vouch for his instruction, this is a great opportunity for new climbers.
In reply to Mike Nolan:
Hi Mike

My name is Michael Morrell, i'm new to climbing outdoors, but I regally climb indoors around 3 times a week.

I'm doing a introductory learn to lead course and multi-pitch course in the end of June which I will be doing relatively easy routes on.

I would like to be a technical alpinist and i'm aiming to do more severe grades outside after I finish the course. To do this I still need someone to climb with outside who's ahead of me and can offer further instruction so I can improve outdoors.

I am also looking for someone to climb who can offer climbing knowledge as i'm aiming to get my SPA and get wanting to get lots of routes in over the summer.

I'm pretty keen to climb and I have a full traditional rack excluding ropes and 'friends' that i'm happy for us to use together.

I'm based in Liverpool and free to go down to North Wales 2 or 3 days a week, I hope we can figure something out?

Cheers

Michael
Post edited at 13:19

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...