UKC

For the love of Handkerchiefs!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Xharlie 11 May 2015
Once again, this morning, I ended up sitting next to someone in a pristine, laundered suit, fresh for Monday morning, toting the latest iThings and reading a premium newspaper. A still photograph would show him as the iconic London businessman of the early 21st century and yet, every thirty seconds, he would sniff loudly, nasally and disgustingly. He was not the only example of his type in the carriage and this was certainly not the first time I have noticed this behaviour.

Whatever happened to basic manners and the simple application of a handkerchief?
 The Lemming 11 May 2015
In reply to Xharlie:

Maybe this would help the little scamp?

youtube.com/watch?v=QRmpJ_dORXA&
 Clarence 11 May 2015
In reply to The Lemming:
Yes, wrap your hand in a handkerchief (no dabs for the bill to find) and repeatedly palm-heel strike him to the face. His nose will be driven into his brain curing him of having to sniff all the time. Or breathe for that matter...
Post edited at 11:18
Rigid Raider 11 May 2015
In reply to Xharlie:

My cycling buddy is an Oxford graduate and a hospital consultant yet he also snivvels wetly while cycling. I'm trying to get him to adopt the "French blow" technique for clearing the nose while in motion. Obviously only when I'm in front.....
 Scarab9 11 May 2015
In reply to Xharlie:

I agree it's unpleasant being near it but it's also much more unpleasant to have a blocked nose you can't clear. Don't know if everyone is different on this or whether it's the severity of the cold, but when I've got a bad cold I can try and blow for half an hour straight yet still not unblock my nose and I'll need to sniff or wipe it within a few steps of leaving the bathroom. It's hideous but unavoidable. Nasal sprays are the best thing I've found but they're not perfect and are pretty short lasting (plus are very hard to take when you're already blocked up without being pretty messy :-/ not something youdo in public).
Also you get bitched at for blowing your nose in public by people...so you can't win.

the big problem is that we're all guilt tripped for having a day off because we're ill so need to disgust our colleagues and fellow commuters, usually infecting a load of them, rather than have a sick day....even though many of us could work from home if our bosses weren't so paranoid! (thankfully I'm a homeworker these days...although the bad bit is you never get a sick day unless you're in a coma! :-p)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...