UKC

The Tories

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 FactorXXX 13 May 2015
In case anyone hasn't noticed, the Conservatives won a majority at the recent democratic election and are now the party in Government.
So, to all those whinging about it and getting hot under the collar get used to it, you've got 5 more years of them running the country...

In reply to FactorXXX:

Are you sure? I thought the SNP won
 The New NickB 13 May 2015
In reply to FactorXXX:

You do realise there is quite a bit more to democracy than voting every 5 years. Complaining about the stupidity of others is a perfectly legitimate democratic activity.
In reply to The New NickB:

Who says they'll last five years? Even with the sneaky new law (sneaky, because they voted it through parliament with virtually no debate, and with few people/media even noticing it) they can be voted out with a vote of no confidence ... 'in the government'. The older, easier one of a vote of no confidence in the prime minister has however been abolished.
 Rampikino 13 May 2015
In reply to FactorXXX:

Trip trap, trip trap went the hooves of the goat on the wooden bridge.
 wintertree 13 May 2015
In reply to The New NickB:

> You do realise there is quite a bit more to democracy than voting every 5 years.

Yup, for example there's complaining about the following...

1) The results of an FPTP election being undemocratic when a nationwide democratic referendum recently reinforced the democratic mandate for FPTP.

2) The government being Tory when the SNP won lots of votes in Scotland, barely months after a democratic referendum recently reinforced the democratic mandate for Scotland being governed by the UKs government and not as an independent state.

3) The fact modern protestors are soft as shite and aren't the violent anarchists they were in the gold old days before they grew up.

4) The government planning a democratic referendum on the subject of the EU.

Perhaps we should just scrap democracy as all it seems to do is make people complain.
 skog 13 May 2015
In reply to FactorXXX:

Five years?

We're only four sex scandals and a couple of heart attacks away from them losing their majority.
In reply to The New NickB: "Complaining about the stupidity of others is a perfectly legitimate democratic activity."

Indeed! Labour back benchers have every democratic right to complain about whoever came up with that Ed Stone idea
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

I honestly think, if it can be found (probably destroyed by now), that it should be put in the British Museum
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

Some wag online said it should be used as a work top for Eds third kitchen
 cander 13 May 2015
In reply to skog:

I'm hoping for rather more sex scandals than 4 - the press wont be trying if they only find 4!
 IM 13 May 2015
In reply to wintertree:
> > Perhaps we should just scrap democracy as all it seems to do is make people complain.

Perhaps a cacophony of endless moaning, gloating, divergent voices is the essence of democracy and something to view in a positive light, clebrate even. You are wrong of course...
 Yanis Nayu 13 May 2015
In reply to wintertree:

> Yup, for example there's complaining about the following...

> 1) The results of an FPTP election being undemocratic when a nationwide democratic referendum recently reinforced the democratic mandate for FPTP.

That's not quite right is it?
 teflonpete 13 May 2015
In reply to cander
> I'm hoping for rather more sex scandals than 4 - the press wont be trying if they only find 4!

Well it didn't take long for the speaker of the house's wife to get the ball rolling, although she kept it in the family I suppose.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...