UKC

LDWA Red rose 100

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Wainers44 13 May 2015
Based on my times for the last two hundreds, especially last year's, I am not sure if I am posting this in the right forum but...

is anyone doing the LDWA 100 this year (10days time)? A group of us have entered again this year and will be heading up there from Devon on the Friday night. Like the last two years I haven't managed to reccy any of the route, but hey, the nav is the easy bit!!

So any other UKC takers this year?
Moley 13 May 2015
In reply to Wainers44:

Good luck, it can't be grimmer than last year!
OP Wainers44 13 May 2015
In reply to Moley:

Cheers, I hope you are right. That was proper rain!!

It needs to be better this year as I am heading straight to the Lakes after the event. Hobbling around is not an option!
 thedatastream 14 May 2015
In reply to Wainers44:

Best of luck, I'm told it's a good route.

I shall be putting my name down for next year's 100 (I hope)
OP Wainers44 17 May 2015
In reply to Wainers44:

No one else from UKC this year then?

Quite looking forward to it as its a bit of the country I havent really visited (just rushed past on the long haul to Scotland or to the Lakes).

The two I have done before were so wildely different that working out what time I should be aiming at is rather difficult! I suppose the first target is just to finish!

If anyone else is planning to be there we will be easy to spot as the 9 of us have got some matching base layers printed up remembering our sadly departed mate who got us into all this madness in the first place. Lancs here we come!
OP Wainers44 26 May 2015
In reply to Wainers44:

Well that's it done then.

This one very different from the others as for me it was in totally unfamiliar territory. The organisers put on a fantastic event and the people who run, shuffle, walk, stagger or limp for between 24 and 48 hours are all mad as a box of frogs....and a very good bunch indeed!

Every year so far (3done now) I get to mile 60 and try to recall who's stupid idea it was to sign up for this again....but by mile 95 I'm already looking forward to next years.

Well done East Lancs LDWA, and congratulations to everyone who took part.

Dorset 2016 here we come!
Moley 26 May 2015
In reply to Wainers44:

Well done, nice feeling when its over. Was it a quick route this year?
OP Wainers44 26 May 2015
In reply to Moley:
For me, no, I helped a couple of others along the way which meant a later finish but hey, at least that meant my feet were fine and legs feel totally normal today!! Running the leg between mile 90 and 95 to pick up the pace a bit was easier than expected too.

I would have thought a slower course over all though as there were some 400 (yes 400!!!) stiles to be crossed.

Lovely countryside, and I hadn't expected a real witch to be handing out Haribo on Pendle Hill. She wouldn't share the whisky in her hip flask though!
Post edited at 18:35
Moley 26 May 2015
In reply to Wainers44:

400 stiles, brilliant, a 100 mile hurdles event. Extreme respect!
OP Wainers44 26 May 2015
In reply to Moley:

And so many different types too...wood, metal, ladders, rungs, stone, even one that opened from the top almost unzipping!! They also arranged for all the footbridges to have stiles at both ends too. Now that's what I call attention to detail!

After last year trashing my feet by wearing goretex innovates (ie portable footbaths!) I went with my normal running shoes this year and put on sealskins socks only after the rain arrived at mile 67. Only one blister and all my toenails left on. Result!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...