UKC

"Your network configuration has changed" Help!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Postmanpat 14 May 2015

My MacBook Air keeps disconnecting from my normal home network and diagnostics give the message, "Your network configuration has changed".

My IPad and iPhone have no problem. Sometimes my MacBook will reconnect if I restart it or restart the router. The MacBook seems happy to connect to BT with Fon but disconnects if left alone for a bit and doesn't work with Sonos.

I've not got much joy googling the problem. It seems to be a problem with the MacBook not the router because it happens on my daughter's home network as well.

Has anybody got a solution?
 Dark-Cloud 14 May 2015
In reply to Postmanpat:

Is it doing it when it wakes from sleep ?
 mav 14 May 2015
In reply to Postmanpat:

sounds like a bad apple to me.

(I'll get my coat)
OP Postmanpat 14 May 2015
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

> Is it doing it when it wakes from sleep ?

Hmm, I suspect not only then, but it certainly does it when waking from sleep. I suspect not only then but would have to monitor it more closely . For the last 24 hours it simply won't connect with the home network.
 Dark-Cloud 14 May 2015
In reply to Postmanpat:

Try this, my Mac did it for a while now and then.

http://osxdaily.com/2014/04/24/fix-mac-disconnect-wifi-sleep/
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

> Try this, my Mac did it for a while now and then.

Thanks, looks promising. I'll try it.
 KevinJ 14 May 2015
In reply to Postmanpat:
Another thing which may be worth checking is your Sonos set up. I recently had a few issues with my Mac and Sonos caused by having two sonos components connected via Ethernet (a Bridge and a Playbar) this created a loop in the network which in turn caused some difficulties its wifi connections. Resolved by removing th Bridge and reserving IP addresses in the router setup.

In reply to KevinJ:

Thanks. I'd tried various things which didn't work and then I rebooted and now it works!!
So, I'm crossing my fingers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...