UKC

Accident in Pembroke

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 PaulTanton 26 May 2015
Was there an accident on Monday 25th June? Lots of coast guard action going on.
 Run_Ross_Run 26 May 2015
In reply to PaulTanton:

June?
OP PaulTanton 27 May 2015
In reply to Run_Ross_Run:
Ok, May
OP PaulTanton 27 May 2015
In reply to billb:

Thanks. Yes this is sad. We saw the coast guard boat rushing around. Was it a climber anyone know?
 Sophie Gibbens 27 May 2015
We were walking over to the crag around the same time it happened. The guys climbing the route next to him said he was a fairly beginner trad climber who took a 40 mtr fall. Tragic and sad accident, the rescue helicopter did a pretty amazing job getting in there.
 The Ivanator 27 May 2015
In reply to PaulTanton:
Of course it was a climber somebody knew.
Deepest sympathy if friends, family or climbing partners are reading this.
Take care out there everyone.
Post edited at 19:33
 jon 27 May 2015
In reply to The Ivanator:

> Of course it was a climber somebody knew.

I don't think that was what he meant.
sarahw 01 Jun 2015
In reply to jon:

Does anybody know more about the accident? I founded out via facebook that the climber was an old friend that I lost touch with over the last few years. Of all the climbing accidents I know about, this was the climber that I knew best. I taught him to sport lead at Rumney a few years ago, and back then we occasionally went to the gym together.

I feel a bit badly wanting to know details I guess, but I don't know any other climbing friends or contacts since most of our mutual friends are not climbers. Of course, I know that accidents are accidents and can happen to anybody, but this friend was particularly bright and I keep having this thought that he was too smart for mistakes! I am saddest for his widow, since they only had a few years together.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...