UKC

Toyota hiace or citroen dispatch?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 alasdair19 28 May 2015
Ok guys thanks for your input in my other thread.

I was all set on a dispatch / expert and now I've tried a Hiace and it seems pretty good. 2

Available deals
1.6 diesel Dispatch 15k, £10400
2.0 diesel dispatch 38k, air con and blue tooth. £10400
2.5 diesel hi ace 55k, air con £1650 cheaper.

The dispatchs have 12 month warranty the hiace 30 days.

opinions and experiences welcome. Decision tonight!
 George Fisher 28 May 2015
In reply to alasdair19:

If you want it to last forever and never go wrong. Hiace.

Timmd 28 May 2015
In reply to alasdair19:

I only have the reputation of Toyotas relative to Citroens to comment on, in being more reliable, but I might be out of date.
andymac 28 May 2015
In reply to alasdair19:

As a VW van owner ,I used to look down my nose at Citroen vans.

Guy I sometimes work with has a Dispatch.

Although I would never ,ever say as much to him.....

I am actually quite impressed by it.

Been bottling that up for a bit,so glad to get it out in the open.
Removed User 28 May 2015
In reply to alasdair19:

There's nothing wrong with the Despatch but if I had the choice it would be the Hiace. In not sure if you've asked about them before, so I may have already said, I've got one that's done 250000 miles, it looks and drives like a 70000 mile van.
In reply to Removed Usergilesf:

You win,mines only done 221,000.
OP alasdair19 28 May 2015
In reply to George Fisher:

thats impressive! I'm trying to work out comparitive fuel economy. How old are your vans what sort of engine?
In reply to alasdair19:

Mine is P reg, 2.4l non turbo diesel. Its not quick or glamourous. I get around 25mpg day to day round the lanes, too and from jobs. 30mpg on a motorway run at 70mph.

I'll be getting another when this one dies or I decide it's too scruffy looking. I expect the newer turbo ones are better on fuel and quicker. Not sure if reliability suffers because of that.
Removed User 28 May 2015
In reply to George Fisher:

Mines the 2.5 TD, knocking around town it gives 32mpg, according to my fuel app. On a run at 60mph it does a lot more, I've never tested it on a full tank at motorway speed but it pushes the average right up, so I reckon 40mpg or more. It went straight through the last mot with 1 advisory. It looks easy to work on too, I wouldn't know though because it never breaks!
OP alasdair19 30 May 2015
In reply to Removed Usergilesf:

Gone for the dispatch. The modern engine swung it for me. more powerful and more efficient whether I'll get 250000 miles out of it remains to be seen.

thx for the comments

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...