UKC

Traprain access latest?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Martin W 09 Jun 2015
Has the access situation at Traprain Law moved on at all from what's posted on the MCofS web site?

http://www.mcofs.org.uk/news.asp?s=2&nid=Access%20and%20Conservation&am...

That was dated July 2013. Are we still supposed to park considerately on the verge near the gate, and follow the line of the old wall across the open field? I'd have thought that the landowner might have made some progress with the new car park by now (which I had understood was going to be off the white road on the OS map that passes to the west of the hill).
 CurlyStevo 09 Jun 2015
In reply to Martin W:
I've been a few times after work in the last couple of months. No problem parking on the verge just by the access path along the line of the old wall or just off the verge just west of that. I think the often spaced protection and excessively polished slab climbing with quite harsh grading puts people off! (or maybe I'm crap at that style however I can lead a good grade harder in Northumberland almost consistently!)
Post edited at 21:50
 Mike-W-99 09 Jun 2015
In reply to Martin W:

Yes, all calmed down now. Theres also a fence across the old entrance to the field so theres a wee bit more space.

But do still park considerately.
OP Martin W 10 Jun 2015
In reply to Martin W:

Thanks both, makes me a bit more confident to suggest Traprain as an alternative to battling with the bridge tomorrow evening (although the tides are spot on for Aberdour, and it's lovely spot in the evening sun...)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...