UKC

Indoor walls have lovely people...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 flopsicle 10 Jun 2015
It's just got to be said that I can think of few places with so much downright encouragement, community spirit and genuine care.

It's noticed.
 zv 10 Jun 2015
In reply to flopsicle:

I think this can make my day when I visit at a wall. Have a nice chat with people, see people being encouraged to try and have fun, doesn't matter if they're on a 7b or a 6a.

On the other hand, I've been at a couple of bouldering walls which at the time did not seem very sociable and had a distinct lack of encouragement and a nice vibe. :p But I guess not everyone likes to hear "Go for it", some people thrive on perfect unhindered concentration.
 BusyLizzie 14 Jun 2015
In reply to flopsicle:

This is true, and it does me a lot of good too.
 jsmcfarland 15 Jun 2015
In reply to flopsicle:

Compared to alot of sports I've done the vibe in the climbing walls I go to is amazing (White spider and Boulder Brighton) - everyone always really encouraging at the boulder walls, and if someone is trying hard no matter the grade everyone always gives them some encouragement and a well done
OP flopsicle 15 Jun 2015
In reply to flopsicle:

My kid was asking anyone stood still to watch her do a climb she'd just got. Nobody minded. It is awesome and has got to be up there in gains from climbing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...