UKC

Naked climbers sentenced to four months in a volcano

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
abseil 12 Jun 2015
In reply to HakanT:

Well in a gesture of solidarity I'm going to take all my kit off at noon 1 July on top of Ben Nevis. So there. Get ready world.
 goose299 12 Jun 2015
In reply to HakanT:

So they've actually got a £860 quid and a three day jail term (backdated)

Enough/ Not enough punishment?

Mike Stretford 12 Jun 2015
In reply to goose299:
> So they've actually got a £860 quid and a three day jail term (backdated)

> Enough/ Not enough punishment?

Enough, though I wonder if we'd have been so lenient with naked frolics in Westminster Abbey.
Post edited at 15:00
 Dauphin 12 Jun 2015
In reply to HakanT:

Apparently all this nakedness caused the earthquake. Good job they weren't gay streakers.

D
 robal 12 Jun 2015
In reply to HakanT:

I wouldn't mind seeing the baps that made the earth move.... they must be epic!

But on a more serious note. I would hope that we would have been more lenient if a delegation from Asia came over and streaked through Highgate cemetery.

Whilst poorly thought through and a little disrespectful I don't think it justified the reaction it got which i would think has been on par with that chap peeing on a wreath of poppies on a war memorial in Sheffield.....
abseil 12 Jun 2015
In reply to goose299:

> So they've actually got a £860 quid and a three day jail term (backdated)

> Enough/ Not enough punishment?

Just time served so they're free to go now (I suppose?) I'm glad they're free to go.

BUT were they or were they not dumb for "posting the photos on social media" while they were still in the country? Or have I got it wrong?
Post edited at 15:24
 robal 12 Jun 2015
In reply to abseil:
i think the person who had posted the photo was outside of the country but the people who were in the photo were in the country....

I might be wrong though
Post edited at 15:58
In reply to HakanT:

Wander if there would have been such leniency if they put bolts in Stanage
 jezb1 12 Jun 2015
abseil 12 Jun 2015
In reply to robal:

> i think the person who had posted the photo was outside of the country but the people who were in the photo were in the country.... I might be wrong though

OK, and thanks for that!
 goose299 12 Jun 2015
In reply to jezb1:

Bloody hell, bit of warning would have been nice :S
abseil 12 Jun 2015
In reply to goose299:

> Bloody hell, bit of warning would have been nice :S

Yes. It's shocking to see bicycles up in the mountains like that.
 jezb1 12 Jun 2015
In reply to goose299:

> Bloody hell, bit of warning would have been nice :S

Was going to put NSFW on it, but left it too late to edit..!
 goose299 12 Jun 2015
In reply to jezb1:

I'm say it's reasonably work safe, it just hurt my eyes
 jezb1 12 Jun 2015
In reply to goose299:

Haha, remember as much as it sounds like it might work to erase the image from your retinas, bleaching your eyes is not a good move.
 Ridge 12 Jun 2015
In reply to Mike Stretford:

> Enough, though I wonder if we'd have been so lenient with naked frolics in Westminster Abbey.

You actually think we'd do as much as even fine someone?
abseil 13 Jun 2015
In reply to Ridge:

> You actually think we'd do as much as even fine someone?

I agree with you, but wasn't the naked rambler dragged into court? I can't remember what happened to him....
 Philip 13 Jun 2015
In reply to abseil:

> I agree with you, but wasn't the naked rambler dragged into court? I can't remember what happened to him....

He was front page news two days ago. He's a disturbed individual not a stupid young girl.
abseil 13 Jun 2015
In reply to Philip:

> He was front page news two days ago. He's a disturbed individual....

Oh, OK, thanks for the information.
 wintertree 13 Jun 2015
In reply to Ridge:

Given the systematic persecution of the naked rambler...

Either nudity is okay or it isn't. The UK is just as nutty in believing that there is something criminal about our natural form.
Post edited at 09:53
 chris fox 13 Jun 2015
In reply to goose299:

I may be incorrect but they have been convicted of an offence right ? So now have a criminal conviction and when filling out visa arrival forms in the future will have to declare this. Also has this girl from Derby been evicted from the country ? if so thats another declaration she will have to tick on the arrivals document form in the future. I also think (and maybe wrong) that you can't get a visa for USA (and other countries) if you have been convicted for an offence.

So the repercussions for future travel could be a little more limited by what she/they have done
 pec 13 Jun 2015
In reply to HakanT:

What the Malaysian authorities really need to deal with tourists stripping off on their sacred mountains is some sheep's bladders.
youtube.com/watch?v=KrD16CBEJRs&
 Mike Stretford 13 Jun 2015
In reply to Ridge:

Yeah. I think the sort of hyped up shit storm that led to the arrests could easily happen here too.

I'd prefer it if we were more secular and rational, but I think we have our own 'mountain spirits'.
Post edited at 12:59

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...