UKC

Bouldering wall suggestions in Kent?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jammyola 13 Jun 2015
Hi guys, I've been bouldering in Leeds for a while now but have just moved back to Kent (specifically tonbridge). I was wondering whether anyone could recommend any decent climbing walls around here - especially for predominantly bouldering. I'm itching to get back to it as soon as possible!!! Also some southern climbing friends would be appreciated or I will be falling off walls all on my lonesome!

Cheers

Jane
 DampRice 15 Jun 2015
In reply to Jammyola:

Hi Jammy

At the moment your best bets are either the Reach in Woolwich which should be about 40 minutes from you or Evolution in Groombridge which is probably a little closer. Evolution is a bit like marmite, personally I really like the atmosphere there and the guys that run it are really friendly and set some lovely problems, however it is quite run down and a bti dark and dingy compared to newer walls. In the winter though the atmosphere there is brilliant when all the outdoor climbers are forced in and their training room is brilliant.

If you wait a little while there is a much anticipated bouldering centre (Karma Climbing) opening up in Tunbridge Wells. It is being run by some guys that have made some awesome walls at other centres so will almost certainly be excellent.

With regards to the friends part you are more than welcome to come climb with me and the guys/girls I climb with. Generally we get outdoors every Tuesday, Thursday evening and Saturday from mid morning. Only exceptions are if it is wet and orrible we will be either headed to Evo (until Karma opens) for the weekday evenings or the Reach on a Saturday.

Feel free to get in touch if you want a climbing partner.

Dan
Jammyola 16 Jun 2015
In reply to DampRice:

Thanks Dan! Great suggestions! I'm not sure I'm quite confident enough for outdoor climbing yet but I will definitely be checking out evolution and the opening of karma sounds super exciting! Do you know when that's due to start up?

Would definitely like to meet you and your climbing friends though so hopefully will see you on the walls sometime soon!

Thanks again!

Jane
 rockwing 16 Jun 2015
In reply to DampRice:

What's the estimated completion date for this? I haven't heard a lick about this place.
caver 16 Jun 2015
In reply to lewismansell:

Septembe /October is the current aim.
 DampRice 16 Jun 2015
In reply to lewismansell:

I think it has been put back to the Autumn of this year but that is from rumours not the owners. It was originally supposed to be opened by summer I think. As long as it is open by nect winter for training all should be good!
 DampRice 16 Jun 2015
In reply to Jammyola:

No worries Jane, you will only catch any of us inside when it is either dark or raining though. Don't need anyreal confidence to climb outside around here though. It is either bouldering or top-roping for the most part (with the exception of the soloists) and not very high. It is enjoyable though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...