UKC

Portland Climbers-Left behind gear-Appraisals

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 George Salt 22 Jun 2015

The CuttingsToo Many Cooks Spoil the Broth (6b)
The night of Wednesday 17th i climbed this route at the cuttings. Long Story short-i survived a full height deck out on the route because of belayer error. MIRACLE considering the height of the route is around 15m.
Anyway, i have recently got out of hospital with a bionic arm (metal plate holding things together) and cracked lower spine.
There were a couple of unknown teams of climbers who helped carry my stretcher to the chopper. You guys were really helpful with everything. Just wanted to let you know that i'll make a full recovery (eventually) and that if you retrieved the gear then you can have it.
However, if there is anyone out there that just rocked up the next day and thought that they'd won the lottery, then i would really appreciate that gear back please. You probably don't deserve it.
Thanks
George. Mob tel-07925851420
Post edited at 16:00
 Owen W-G 22 Jun 2015
In reply to gkrgeorge:

Get well soon George.
 samparsons 23 Jun 2015
In reply to gkrgeorge:

Hi,

I think I may hve your gear. We found it on a dog walk so went up and grabbed it an out it on Facebook trying to find the owner. I just tryed to call you, give me a buzz back. Hope your ok?
 Adam Perrett 24 Jun 2015
In reply to gkrgeorge:
Glad you're 'OK', George. You must have a guardian angel.

Do you know what went wrong? It is always good to share info on these types of accident so that others (as well as your belayer on the day) can learn from them.

We all make mistakes ("to err is human; to forgive, divine") and hopefully we can learn from each other to reduce the likelihood of it occurring again.

Here's hoping you make a full recovery soon.

Adam
Post edited at 10:58

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...