UKC

UKC grading confusion

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jon_gill1 26 Jun 2015
Willersley Castle RocksBoomerang (E1 5c)

This climb is currently graded E1 5c, which it gets on the main page but when its listed in my own log book section its given HVS 5b, I was wondering if this is just a glitch or a common problem that I just haven't noticed before?
 Alex the Alex 26 Jun 2015
In reply to jon_gill1:

Yeah, I spotted the same with this climb the other day:

Cattle TroughsMoonstone (E1 5b)

Figured it was a discrepancy between Rockfax/UKC grading and older grades?
 zimpara 26 Jun 2015
In reply to jon_gill1:
A lot of grades are off by one or two on here.

Although generally, down grading them. Unlike your E1 bump up.

Upon reading your question thoroughly, that seems odd, very odd.
Post edited at 14:47
 GrahamD 26 Jun 2015
In reply to jon_gill1:

Boomerang was historically HVS 5b but its one of the very few limestone routes where polish has genuinely changed the grade.
OP jon_gill1 26 Jun 2015
In reply to GrahamD:

I didn't like the look of the pegs either, glad to be seconding that day!it just seems very odd that it shows different on one page to the other though....
OP jon_gill1 26 Jun 2015
In reply to Alex the Alex:

Yes its strange isn't it, doesn't seem to make any sense. my guess is its just a tech glitch some how.
 Offwidth 26 Jun 2015
In reply to jon_gill1:

This has been done before. Logbook grades have been changed for the latest Rockfax versions but not all the database search information matches yet. Logbook searches for routes that changed grade currently give the 'wrong' grade on the search but the 'right' grade once the page for the climb is opened.
In reply to jon_gill1:

Hi Jon, it's a temporary glitch as we switch to using the Rockfax grade data when it's available (and current). The crag and climb pages should be showing the correct grade.

The issue is fixed in the development version of the site but we've ended up making some quite significant changes to the logbook section now, so we're waiting for those to be finished and tested before making it live. It shouldn't be long now though.
OP jon_gill1 26 Jun 2015
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

thanks for responding Paul and keep up the good work!
 tjekel 29 Jun 2015

Here's one more thing that seems odd to me. If i get to the graphs section in my logbook - nothing to be personally prou of anyway - several years are shown in the yds grading. Years in which i only did climbs that never ever had yds grading ...

In reply to tjekel:

Can you highlight a year that's showing YDS that you think shouldn't be please?
 Bulls Crack 29 Jun 2015
In reply to jon_gill1:

It knows you had beta?
 RichardMc 29 Jun 2015

> Can you highlight a year that's showing YDS that you think shouldn't be please?

I've got this too, my graphs for 2012 show an average of 5.9 for sport climbs alongside a max grade of 6a+
 tjekel 30 Jun 2015

> Can you highlight a year that's showing YDS that you think shouldn't be please?

You got a message. As mentioned - is nothing to impress my sponsors with (there are none for these grades).

I now even get Australian grades for some years.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...