UKC

Symonds Yat - Bees nest

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 alec roberts 29 Jun 2015
Bees nest swarming in the shallow cave below the Orange Peel Wall on the Longstone Pinnacle, just where Whitt / The Prow / Free Radical converge - haven't climbed that fast for a long time!
 humptydumpty 29 Jun 2015
In reply to alec roberts:

Now glad I avoided this last week! Are Whitt and the Prow the same route?
OP alec roberts 30 Jun 2015
In reply to humptydumpty:

Whitt and The Prow are the same route , depends on which edition of the guide book you are using.
 BusyLizzie 30 Jun 2015

There's something in the Guide Book, isn't there, about a bee's nest somewhere else too - from memory I think it's near Albany.

... stuck in the office and wanting to be at Symonds Yat, bees or no bees ...
In reply to BusyLizzie:

Hi Lizzie

Different site each year - to the left of 2nd pitch of Albany was a common place to find them - on the traverse of Hole in the Wall was another, as is where they are now ( Longstone )

Alec
 Snot 30 Jun 2015

I went up Whitt last week but didn't notice them! Are they a bit more lively now? Was thinking of heading back there in the next week or two.
 BusyLizzie 30 Jun 2015

Maybe they move around depending on their climbing abilities. This year they're on Whitt because they like VS.

Going to take my kids there this weekend ... not going anywhere near VS !
In reply to Snot:

No, I didn't see any sign of them on the weekend either - but they were swarming in the hole next to the old pegs last night ( Monday 29th ) - I won't be going anywhere near them until I know they've moved on!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...