UKC

Pen y Pass carpark

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 themattyshep 29 Jun 2015
I'm sat in Bangor macdonalds now and were planning on doing crib goch in the morning, but we wanted to wildcamp at the tarn behind the pen y pass hostel, so does anyone know I we could park in the pen y pass carpark overnight and leave the car there (paid for after midnight I believe so it's valid for the full day tomorrow) or is there a barrier on it overnight?

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated
Thanks Matt
In reply to themattyshep
No, there's no barrier. There'll be no one there overnight to check so you could just pay in the morning instead .
In reply to themattyshep:

By 'the tarn' do you mean Cwmfynnon?

Might be easier to park on the 'Conwy' side of the border at Pen y Gwryd (where parking is free) and follow the stream up to the lake?
OP themattyshep 29 Jun 2015
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

If we don't pay overnight and come down late from the tarn would there be a possibility of a warden wondering why we haven't payed?
Thanks
In reply to Ron Rees Davies:

I'm not sure the name of it, but it's behind the youth hostel opposite the pen y pass carpark
In reply to themattyshep:

I wuldn't worry about it too much. they might leave a little blue 'ticket' on your window but if you just explain you stayed overnight and are paying for the day, they'll be fine with that - they're not like the 'wardens' in the city - they're nicer.
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

Ok thanks for the heads up,
We have never tried it before but one of my mates recommended to sleep there but didn't explain logistics, so we go to Maccies for food and started to panic!
Can you tell we park in cites a lot ;P

anyway were off to drive up there and pitch the tent now.
Thanks a lot anyway

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...