UKC

Women's world cup

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Denni 01 Jul 2015
Hi folks,
Can't see a post anywhere on this.

The Lionessess are in the semi final tonight against Japan and the winners will play the USA in the final after they beat Germany last night.

Midnight kick off so not prime time viewing but come on the wimmin!
 Al Evans 01 Jul 2015
In reply to Denni:

Yep it's great, I'll be watching, Come on the gals.
 BnB 01 Jul 2015
In reply to Denni:

But it's a bit like Stoke vs Barcelona tonight. Yes, England might win but will the sport be better for seeing a plucky defensive line, robust midfield and lucky header from a set piece take the spoils?
 Yanis Nayu 01 Jul 2015
In reply to Denni:

Yep, good luck to 'em. I can't stay up that late though((((
 winhill 02 Jul 2015
In reply to Denni:

Saw the first half against Canada, which was dire but according to the reports the game fell apart in the second half. Hoping for something a bit better from japan tonight.

England don't like the astroturf so they keep the ball off the ground as much as possible, I'm guessing it'll be more of the same now as they seem have a rather large height advantage, the mascots look like they were sorted according to height.
Clauso 02 Jul 2015
In reply to Denni:

A small pub, in a certain part of the High Peak, currently has a vocal crowd cheering the lasses on... So, a 'mate' has informed me anyhow.
 Al Evans 03 Jul 2015
In reply to Clauso:

Tonight they are playing for third place in the world cup against Germany, I will be watching just as I would be if it was the mens world cup, Our girls have done us proud.
In reply to BnB:

> But it's a bit like Stoke vs Barcelona tonight. Yes, England might win but will the sport be better for seeing a plucky defensive line, robust midfield and lucky header from a set piece take the spoils?

Care to reassess that after the match?

I thought England played really well, especially in the second half, and should really have won it easily only to suffer some terrible luck. That was after all the only shot on target the Japan team managed and it wasn't even kicked by one of their players (dodgy penalties don't really count).

Japan were terrible and should get stuffed by the USA.

Alan
 winhill 03 Jul 2015
In reply to Al Evans:

> Tonight they are playing for third place in the world cup against Germany, I will be watching just as I would be if it was the mens world cup, Our girls have done us proud.

Don't sit in waiting, it doesn't start til 2100hrs Saturday.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...