UKC

Leaving a slack line in situ

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kemics 01 Jul 2015
I'd like to leave a slack line set up at my local park. I thought it would be cool and probably wouldnt cost more than £20 for the webbing. Now my question is, will it get cut down by the council immediately or is there a way to stick up a little disclaimer placard saying "dont sue anyone if you hurt yourself" etc

I realise i should just ask the council but i thought i'd float the idea to see if there is any precedent? I got the idea from thailand where they have them outside all the bars. I thought it would be cool to leave them throughout my city?
 MrJared 01 Jul 2015
In reply to Kemics:

They had one set up in Oslo and had a sign that you use it at your own risk. Pretty cool idea but worth checking with your council as they love the red tape!
KevinD 01 Jul 2015
In reply to Kemics:

For the council to answer.
Disclaimers are pretty worthless from what i recall when volunteering for clubs.
 Dax H 02 Jul 2015
In reply to dissonance:

> For the council to answer.

> Disclaimers are pretty worthless from what i recall when volunteering for clubs.

Slightly different as it was a commercial enterprise but a paintball site I used to marshal at was sued after someone broke their leg tripping over a tree stump in a forest.
They signed the standard disclaimer but apparently you should not have any trip hazards in a forest environment.
 Babika 02 Jul 2015
In reply to Kemics:

I would just do. Asking the council will certainly meet No as its out of their norm both in terns of acrivity abd altruism (I presume you were going to donate).

Years ago I donated an old mini trampoline for toddlers and a rocky whale to the local play area.They were there for years, but if Id asked first lots of kids would never have got to play on them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...