UKC

Old Fart's Question - Sense of Relief

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 03 Jul 2015
Just seen Doc who did a DRE and reported no abnormalities up there! Another PSA test in three months; in the mean time back to normal. Doc did say not to expect to win any pissing up the wall competitions!
abseil 03 Jul 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

> ....Doc did say not to expect to win any pissing up the wall competitions!

I used to be able to hit Right Wall (E5) from the Cromlech boulders (done for sheer jealousy, after establishing there wasn't anyone on the route). No longer.....

Anyway congratulations and wishing you many many more years happy climbing.
Post edited at 12:00
OP mypyrex 03 Jul 2015
In reply to abseil:

> I used to be able to hit Right Wall (E5) from the Cromlech boulders (done for sheer jealousy, after establishing there wasn't anyone on the route). No longer.....

Hoot, hoot.

> Anyway congratulations and wishing you many many more years happy climbing.

Thanks.

Doc did ask how many times I had to pee in the night. When I said no more than twice he looked at me as if to say "What are you complaining about then?"

He's a good doc; being a keen walker/climber we have a good rapport.

abseil 03 Jul 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

> Doc did ask how many times I had to pee in the night. When I said no more than twice he looked at me as if to say "What are you complaining about then?" He's a good doc; being a keen walker/climber we have a good rapport.

I had almost the same words from my doctor.

Glad to hear you have a good doctor.
 earlsdonwhu 03 Jul 2015
In reply to mypyrex:
Mine told me that some huge percentage ( of all ages) get up. I think he said something like 40% and therefore I had been lucky so far. Its not bad at home but a pain when in crowded alpine huts!
OP mypyrex 03 Jul 2015
In reply to earlsdonwhu:

> Its not bad at home but a pain when in crowded alpine huts!

Well I started using a bottle when I went to Nepal(blame the Diamox) I'm thinking it might now be a permanent part of my trekking kit.

veteye 03 Jul 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

Surely Diamox is a waste of time and a sop to your aged worries, that something can be done.
Next you'll be taking atenolol for something else and saying you don't understand why you've go brewer's droop.
OP mypyrex 04 Jul 2015
In reply to veteye:

I am not going down the road of the ethics of using diamox. Anyway it was five years ago so I cannot think that it has any current relevance. End of.
 Trangia 04 Jul 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

You sounded worried in your previous thread, so I'm glad to hear that. Good luck with the monitoring.
OP mypyrex 04 Jul 2015
In reply to Trangia:

> You sounded worried in your previous thread,

Must admit I was a bit. I think one tends to be a bit more concerned about symptoms when you have already had a serious illness. Thanks for your good wishes.
abseil 04 Jul 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

> ...I think one tends to be a bit more concerned about symptoms when you have already had a serious illness....

I didn't know that, and thanks for sharing, anyway it's wonderful that you got better.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...