UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: Wideboyz in Norway

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 03 Jul 2015
Tom Randall, 4 kbThe "Wideboyz" are at it again: Tom Randall and Pete Whittaker recently attempted Nico Favresse's Recovery Drink on the Profile Wall in Jøssingfjord, Norway. Poor weather and bad conditions may have hampered their efforts, but in true Wideboyz style spirits weren't dampened entirely...

Read more
 FactorXXX 03 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC News:

You utter swine UKC!
Less than a month ago, you reported that Ben Moon had done a 9a at the age of 49. There went the old age excuse.
You now show a video of the "Wideboyz" climbing something mind boggingly hard in a raging gale and monsoon. There goes the conditions excuse.
What other excuses are you going to totally ruin in the near future?

Awesome effort to climb in those conditions though!!!
 Coel Hellier 03 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Hmm, that crack didn't look nearly wide enough for them!
 tmawer 04 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Top effort.....love these boyz enthusiasm!!
 jon 04 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC News:

A complete Lack of Moral Fibre...
 stp 04 Jul 2015
In reply to FactorXXX:

Well to be fair they didn't do the route and so they've really validated the excuse of poor conditions on this one.
 FactorXXX 05 Jul 2015
In reply to stp:

Well to be fair they didn't do the route and so they've really validated the excuse of poor conditions on this one.

Maybe, but they actually got into the car, drove to the crag, sorted their gear out, tied in and actually climbed for a long, long time in the cold and wet.
I'd have looked through the door, turned around to my mates and said "pub"?
 BnB 05 Jul 2015
In reply to FactorXXX:

I think the twin incentives of having travelled all that way to an epic location and being contractually required to make some sort of video might have helped them out of the car, though I love their enthusiasm and determination which seems absolutely genuine. They certainly seemed to get some pleasure out of the climbing. Good thing they can climb overhangs unlike most of us.
 pneame 05 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC News:

That's really disgusting - enthusiasm and a smile in miserable conditions.
Excellent all round - gave a good "you are here" feel. Except I wouldn't be.
 Kemics 05 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC News:

ahh classic summer weather in Norway. It's like the climbing gods cruel joke, amazing rock and terrible weather =)
 Reach>Talent 05 Jul 2015
In reply to BnB:

I'm not sure the incentives of potentially angry sponsors and a wasted drive are nearly as big an incentive to climb as the thought of having to get in a round in a Norwegian bar
 Luke90 06 Jul 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Credit to Jiduvah for predicting the Wideboyz interest over two years ago in the thread about Nico's attempt on the route:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=551091&v=1#x7359330

Does someone want to go back and see whether he's made any other predictions? Lottery numbers perhaps?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...