UKC

Dad vs climber

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Puppythedog 04 Jul 2015
That moment this morning as I gave my 8.5 month old baby a bath in her little bath in the bath. She started climbing out, the Dad part of me was horrified at the thought of how much harder baths will be from now, the climber part of me was impressed with her ability to use a wet sloper!
 Owen W-G 04 Jul 2015
In reply to puppythedog:

I remember my mini me climbing the stairs as a baby and realising that the rockover and the mantle techniques were innate
 Caralynh 04 Jul 2015
In reply to puppythedog:
Haha, my 10month old climbs everything she can. She has also learnt to drag a box or book to stand on if she needs a leg up! She's always used the big bath with me, and can almost climb out of that now. I should discourage it but.....
Post edited at 22:27
 Mark Edwards 04 Jul 2015
In reply to puppythedog:

Watching my toddler grandson drag himself onto my desk (to get to my dog), which was just above his head height, without anything to grab onto. Grandad and Dad both climbers so it looks like he got the gene as-well.
 Wsdconst 04 Jul 2015
In reply to puppythedog:

I sometimes marvel at my four year olds balance and flawless technique.young kids are fantastic at effortless mantels.i reckon she could be the next shauna
 marsbar 05 Jul 2015
In reply to puppythedog:

One of my favourite pictures from my wedding day has my niece in the background, bridesmaid dress, climbing a wall.
 Dr.S at work 05 Jul 2015
In reply to puppythedog:

I enjoy trying to work out the risk of fall vs size of fall equation whilst the child clambers about.
 flopsicle 05 Jul 2015
In reply to puppythedog:

Mine climbed out the cot before she could crawl!

Time to chain the bookcases to the walls....
 goose299 05 Jul 2015
In reply to puppythedog:

Mine's a little young at the moment (6 months) but I can't wait to get her on the wall
 Bobling 05 Jul 2015
In reply to puppythedog:

My first is a scaredy cat, my second has a right leg that, as soon as it is given the chance, pinwheels till it finds a hold to push off then up and away he goes!
 Timmd 05 Jul 2015
In reply to Bobling:
My 2 year old younger niece never stops climbing up things, and has a rocking cow rather than a rocking horse, and her dad walked in to see her standing up on the seat.
Post edited at 23:06
OP Puppythedog 06 Jul 2015
In reply to puppythedog:

Fab to read other examples.
I have tried her on the Beastmaker and she is sometime interested and sometimes not. I love balancing her on my hand too, she 'stands' in my hand and away we go.
 The New NickB 06 Jul 2015
In reply to puppythedog:

Nice little story, typical UKC though that a couple of people have decided to 'dislike' it.
 ChrisBrooke 06 Jul 2015
In reply to puppythedog:

Brilliant Mine is coming up to six months, and I'm still quietly hopeful for her climbing potential when I feel her grip strength on my beard Ouch!
OP Puppythedog 06 Jul 2015
In reply to The New NickB:

I hadn't even noticed. Maybe they are concerned that this should not be on a climbing site. Maybe they are worried about the risk to my daughter of climbing around on the wet bath slopers. Or maybe they missed with their mouses and meant to hit Like.

Only thing I do know is that I do not care.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...