UKC

Micro Traxion cam unlocking from it's locked up position

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BStar 06 Jul 2015
I've noticed on a couple of occasions when using the Petzl Micro Traxion purely as a pulley wheel, the cam unlocks from its locked up position back down onto the rope, allowing the rope to go only one way as per it's main design intent. I'm pretty sure it is advertised as being able to be used as a normal pulley too, but with how little force is needed to push the locking cam down after being locked in its upright posisiton I would say that it is not suitable for use like this.

Has anyone else had this or has anyone found a work around that doesn't involve using a non locking pulley?
 tjin 06 Jul 2015
In reply to BSt

Only a issue pulling from one direction, not the other way around. The rope get a little momentum before making the turn and cataches on the teeth, causing the cam to engage.
 SteveD 06 Jul 2015
In reply to BStar:

I think it is less of an issue with loaded ropes personally, if there is slack in the system the rope can engage the teeth with the result you mention.
OP BStar 06 Jul 2015
In reply to SteveD:

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind next time re slack in the system. I presumed it was always when it knocked into something as was probably the case when I was setting up a crevasse hauling system (with two traxions), but I'll keep an eye out for the slack rope engaging the teeth.
 cezza 06 Jul 2015
In reply to BStar:

I've used these on haul systems and found the same issue. Usually happens the pull angle isn't back in line with the rope.

Cezza

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...