UKC

Holyhead bouldering .....thats right bouldering!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 leewil86 08 Jul 2015
hey people please check out this logbook entry me and a few friends are currently working on , the problems up are mostly at the boulder field at the back of holyhead mountain and surrounding areas , P.S i am fully aware we are not the first to climb some of these problems as it was a bit of "an area to piss about in years ago"according to some trad climbers i have spoken to but we will credit problems to who we can find have claimed FA's ,there may only be four problems up at the moment but there will be more to come alsowe have been trying to put up some of the less known ones and are continuing to do so , cheers for your time folks!

Holyhead Mountain Boulder Field

In reply to leeandrach:
Hi

I believe Dan warren (woz) climbed here a few years back and did what appears to be Hugo.

Check out this old thread on UKB: http://209.135.140.14/boulder/board/index.php?topic=5924.0
OP leewil86 09 Jul 2015
In reply to Richard Hession:

hi thanks richard , yes i was aware that hugo and blue ice were his projects as i discovered them on youtube of all places,
but instead of crediting the first assent to him i credited it to his youtube name 'highoverbuxton' for the time being hoping i would find out his actual name as there was no info in the video, i will credit those to problems to him right now thank you for your help man really appreciate it.
In reply to leewil86:

No worries. I only saw the video link after the UKB thread and realised it was Dan doing said problems!

Will pop over and check them out soon and see what other meagre pickings there may be
OP leewil86 13 Jul 2015
In reply to Richard Hession:

kool man that would be great , yeah there are a few problems about theres a kool roof problem i think dan mentioned in that ukb thread he worked on right at the top of the boulderfield i have been up to it and it seems quite nails to be honest there are also a few high balls about but with a bit of imagination and scrounging about its possible to unearth some fun problems.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...