UKC

Veggie Restaurants in Sheffield - Recommend me somewhere!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MeMeMe 17 Jul 2015

Anyone got a recommendation for a good veggie restaurant in Sheffield?

It's my birthday on Sunday and we are leaving the kids with relatives near Sheffield and having a night out!
Then some brief grit action on Monday morning before we pick the kids up again
I think it's our first night without the kids for about 2 years so it would be nice to go somewhere good!
OP MeMeMe 17 Jul 2015
In reply to MeMeMe:

Anyone? Doesn't have to be a veggie restaurant i guess as long as there are good veggie options.
 Alyson 17 Jul 2015
In reply to MeMeMe:

There are a few vegetarian cafés but I can't think of a single veggie restaurant, which is probably why you've got no responses. Are there any particular cuisines you like or dislike? This might help narrow down the wider 'recommend a good restaurant with veggie options' search!
 Alyson 17 Jul 2015
In reply to MeMeMe:

To kick things off for you, the best meal I personally ever had in Sheffield was at Rafters.

http://www.raftersrestaurant.co.uk/

It has a small menu which changes all the time and there will always be a vegetarian option. So not a lot of choice but the meal will be lovely
OP MeMeMe 17 Jul 2015
In reply to Alyson:

I like almost anything but thai would be good, or maybe greek or middle eastern...
Probably not pub grub/british as the veggie stuff is usually uninspiring and probably not curry just because we tend to eat plent of curry at home.

I could just look on tripadvisor but it's nice to have a personal recommendation particularly for veggie food as unless a place is completely veggie the rating can be a bit misleading.
 Alyson 17 Jul 2015
In reply to MeMeMe:

Ah ok. Ban Thai was fab last time I ate there, and a couple of foodie friends have also said good things about Patoo Thai on Ecclesall Road.

Zeugma's on London Road is good for Turkish/Middle Eastern type stuff, though it's perhaps a little informal. If it was my first meal out in 2 years I'd want something at least a bit posh!
OP MeMeMe 17 Jul 2015
In reply to Alyson:

Do you know if the all siam is any good? It does veggie thai curry which a lot of places don't due to the normal version having shrimp paste in...

Zeugma's menu looks good but yeah would be nice to be somewhere a bit posh.

Oh and it's not that we haven't eaten out in two years, it's just we've not been anywhere without at least one of the kids!
Will be first time the littlest one has been away from us for the evening and night.
OP MeMeMe 17 Jul 2015
In reply to dread-i:

Looks like quite a cafe heavy list and most of them look like they close earlyish on sunday evening but some of them look good if we manage to get out for lunch on monday.
Thanks!
 Timmd 18 Jul 2015
In reply to MeMeMe:

Ramas Bridge is excellent for food, really really good, but it is curry they serve, but it's really really good and not like what could be called the typical curry you get when you eat out.

I wouldn't know were to place it geographically but their food is excellent.
 gribble 18 Jul 2015
In reply to MeMeMe:

The Caspian on Abbeydale Road does some very good veggie food. Persian food, nice chap who runs the place. We'll be going back soon!
 simon kimber 18 Jul 2015
In reply to MeMeMe:
Maveli on Glossop Rd/West St is my favourite Indian at the moment. Doesn't look particularly fancy, but the food is incredible. http://www.maveli.co.uk/

Kasmiri Aroma on Chesterfield Rd is consistently good as well.

I know it's a crappy buzzfeed article, but there are some good recommendations here (along with some bad ones, but they're easy to spot eg. pies at the broady...boak) http://www.buzzfeed.com/danieldylanwray/eat-in-sheffield-right-now-1oaaj#.k...

Edit - sorry, just seen you weren't after Indian! Maveli is seriously good though!
Post edited at 13:16

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...