UKC

Climbing wall Haslingden any good?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 trish1968 20 Jul 2015
Has anyone been to the new Climbing wall Haslingden sports center? is it any good?
 nwclimber 21 Jul 2015
In reply to trish1968:

No, I haven't been. The pre-opening blurb for 'Grip & Go' (http://www.rltrust.co.uk/promotions/28/default/grip--go.html) includes this:

"Climbing sessions will last for 90 minutes and include a safety briefing and harness fitting."

There is no mention of unsupervised climbing.
 chalkyjim 21 Jul 2015
In reply to trish1968:

Don't get your hopes up. It's for kids I'm afraid. A real missed opportunity to have something similar to Preston.
J1234 21 Jul 2015
In reply to chalkyjim:

When you consider the climbing heritage of the district, Whillans, Peel, Mitchell, and I am sure others it is very disappointing
OP trish1968 22 Jul 2015
In reply to trish1968:

That's a real shame I've just moved into the area and thought that would be great to have on the door step. Like you said a missed opportunity!!!
 dread-i 22 Jul 2015
In reply to trish1968:

I went on Saturday with the kids. As others have reported its for kids, not climbers. There are various walls with different themes, space, tetris etc. It would be ok on a rainy day, if you were to climb one handed or miss out holds etc.

You have to remember though that we are not the target audience. They closed the swimming pool, as they were short of cash. I expect this development is seen as having wider community appeal.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...