UKC

Recent Lakes discoveries (sub-Egrades)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rog Wilko 24 Jul 2015
While I am not averse to repeating routes, I do enjoy something new, and especially recently discovered routes. This summer I’ve sought out a number of recent additions in the Lakes, and some have been really worthwhile and recommendable. The FRCC web site is a good source of information, but it’s very time consuming trawling through their database and personal recommendation is always good. So I’m sharing the routes I’ve enjoyed in the hope that others will reciprocate. Here are some of the newish routes I’ve enjoyed in the last couple of years:
The Borrowdale Stare and Soda Pop at Hind Crag
Treasure and Pied Piper Direct on Harrison Stickle
The Purple Edge on Gimmer Main Wall
Pacoderm at Wallabarrow
Full English at Seathwaite Buttress
Coati on Pavey Ark
Gre’t Berk at Birks Bridge
 Gael Force 24 Jul 2015
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Cheers for the recommendations, only done Coati which I thought was a poor and contrived route, very dirty when I did it last year. Not much gear on first pitch to cross the slab...
OP Rog Wilko 24 Jul 2015
In reply to Gael Force:

We'll have to differ there, then! I thought it took in some very interesting and varied ground and I thought the boldness of the second pitch added a lot of spice.
 Gael Force 24 Jul 2015
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Aye, I'll try those others you recommended tho, ta
 tmawer 24 Jul 2015
In reply to Rog Wilko:

Sid the Sardine at upper Scout seemed worthwhile........I only got to belay as the heavens opened but my partner enjoyed it (we thought we were doing a new route) and thought about HVS 5a.
OP Rog Wilko 26 Jul 2015
In reply to tmawer:

Thanks for the suggestion

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...