UKC

Wet Monday distractions - construct-a-route

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
It's Monday, it's raining horizontally and the day's full of necessary evils.

So obviously I was just thinking about what would be the perfect route. Only a couple of minutes' worth, but:

Multi-pitch at VS - the first two pitches of Diocese, followed by the second pitch of South Face Direct (both at Chair Ladder), with possibly the top pitch of Little Brown Jug to finish.

Single - The File, with another File spliced to the top.

I may need to get some old guidebooks out.......
 deacondeacon 27 Jul 2015
In reply to Martin not maisie:

I reckon they'd both get hvs
 Red Rover 27 Jul 2015

I would sart with slanting buttress ridge route on Lliwedd to get a bit of height, then put the seamstress from the quarries on top of it, followed by Bowfell Buttress, Bracket and Slab from Gimmer and then Nasal Buttress from Dovestones edge sat right at the top.
In reply to deacondeacon:

Yeah, but really *great* HVSs.
In reply to Red Rover:

I've only done two of those - but it strikes me that this would be a good way of finding out which are the actual classic pitches on well-known climbs.
 Red Rover 27 Jul 2015

Really I'd start off with Slanting Buttress then stack every lake district classic rock route on top and put the seamstress and nasal buttress right on top. You'd have a mega alpine route with a slate VS and a balancy grit HS right at the top. Although the slate and grit routes would probably be above the snowline.
 gribble 27 Jul 2015

Bachelors climb (VS) at Hen Cloud, with a pub at the top.
 ashtond6 27 Jul 2015

embankment 1, with embankment 2 RH on top, with embankment 3 on top, with embankment 4 on top with time for tea to finish... with no ledges & no other lines in the wall!
 Andrew Wilson 27 Jul 2015

Ichabod with white wizard and Nazgul on top, which forms the approach "scramble" to the base of Dun Mingulay where the silkie leads you up to the main difficulties. Wall of horrors into western front and then the big greeny in a one-er and a well deserved top out.

Take a double rack of cams and at least 16 quick draws.

Andy.
 freemanTom 27 Jul 2015

Green gut into first pitch of Central groove, followed by First 2 pitches of Grand Deidre direct, into Brant direct, German Schoolgirl topped off by Cenotaph Corner.
That'll be a lot of bridging.
 LucaC 28 Jul 2015
In reply to freemanTom:

800m of the pillar at Diabeg.
 andrewmc 28 Jul 2015

Stanage would be a good crag if you rotated it 90 degrees? :P
 Chris H 28 Jul 2015

The question is ..... what grade would it be stacking 4 Anvil Chorus layback pitches on top of each other - not including the mantelshelf bit just the crack?
 Sir Chasm 28 Jul 2015

Left, Right, Little Unconquerable.
 LucaC 28 Jul 2015
In reply to Chris H:

There's a pitch on Motorhead which isn't far off 3x anvil chorus crack pitches. Fr6a on the topo, thought it was about hvs/e1, and one of the best pitches I've climbed anywhere.
abseil 28 Jul 2015

White Slab on Cloggy with Cenotaph Corner on top.
 Jimbo C 28 Jul 2015

How about taking the idwal slabs, changing the rock to grit and making them about 20-30 degrees steeper (maybe add a few more cracks too).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...