UKC

Allt Duine wind farm rejected

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
The Scottish Government have turned down the proposal to build a massive wind farm in the Monadhliath next to the Cairngorm National Park: http://www.ukhillwalking.com/news/item.php?id=69873
 Mal Grey 30 Jul 2015
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

Great news!

Thanks to everybody who supported the campaign to stop this windfarm in any way.

Lankyman 30 Jul 2015

Good news (plus the other two rejections). I wonder if the discontinuation of subs for onshore is taking the wind out of the energy companies' sails? Has there been a decision on the application near Rannoch yet?
drmarten 30 Jul 2015

Great news, thanks to all the parties who opposed this.
 Jim Fraser 31 Jul 2015

This is my back yard in so many ways. I have been walking in the Monadhliath since not long after I learned to walk and the next generation the same.

The Farr windfarm (42 x 660kW?) is a bit of a shock to the system in the way it stands out. It has changed the character of the northern Monadhliath substantially.

RWE's Allt Duine planned for turbines with a max blade tip height of 125m, with some reduced to 110m. The planned sites are in a glen up the River Dulnain. The place is covered in tracks already for the purpose of keeping fat rich boys' brogues clean on the way to the butts. The turbines sites are mainly around the 550m contour but range from 510m to 590m. The surrounding hills are 700m to 824m with the occasional bealach dipping to 600m.

This is a relatively unobtrusive development in an area that for generations has been subject to the now-traditional misuse of highland hillsides. I love the place in so many ways but I'd have grown to love it more if it were covered in pine trees instead of burnt bare. I love having the light on too.

15500 tonnes of concrete? Maybe. Perhaps. Why would you not put removal into a decommissioning requirement in the planning requirements?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...