UKC

British Bouldering Championships

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 samatristudios 30 Jul 2015
Video (re-upload) Of British Bouldering Championships showing some of the routes from the finals and semi finals.
 stp 30 Jul 2015
In reply to samatristudios:

Cool. Nicely put together video but very short. It's not like watching the comp or even the highlights of the comp.

Still think it was pretty poor show of the BMC not to put out a live stream of the event, or even a proper recording, particularly when it is now so easy that one enterprising individual managed to do just that and commentate using just a smart phone. Aside from anything else you would think it would be something the comps sponsors would want as it would give them much greater exposure than just the people who visited the event.
In reply to stp:

Thank you for being very nice and constructive in your criticism (the same can't be said for others)
We only really had two of us there filming on the day so basically this was all the footage of complete routes we managed to get! We were mainly there to learn but as an added bonus we have also got some footage we think people might like to see.

Yeah as far as I know the only official coverage by the BMC was the short video they published on their website- and while good, lacks just raw route footage. Which is the hole we have tried to fill as best we can. We were very lucky to receive press passes from Rob Adie the event manager, as was Leah Crane's partner who managed to stream the whole event from an iPhone even getting interviews with climbers- Very impressive and certainly shows its not hard to stream an event like that. Really not sure why the BMC didn't themselves. :s

Anyhow, cheers for the comment, have a nice day!
PamPam 31 Jul 2015

> Thank you for being very nice and constructive in your criticism (the same can't be said for others)

> We only really had two of us there filming on the day so basically this was all the footage of complete routes we managed to get! We were mainly there to learn but as an added bonus we have also got some footage we think people might like to see.

> Yeah as far as I know the only official coverage by the BMC was the short video they published on their website- and while good, lacks just raw route footage. Which is the hole we have tried to fill as best we can. We were very lucky to receive press passes from Rob Adie the event manager, as was Leah Crane's partner who managed to stream the whole event from an iPhone even getting interviews with climbers- Very impressive and certainly shows its not hard to stream an event like that. Really not sure why the BMC didn't themselves. :s

> Anyhow, cheers for the comment, have a nice day!

I agree. Surely you'd think that greater promotion of any climbing event to raise the profile of the sport would be sought and to stream the event online would be great. The first competition I took part in had all standards of climber and boulderer competing and it was quite thrilling to see the advanced finalists on their route (It was on the huge overhanging wall at Awesome Walls Sheffield and I'd never been there before!) and I was practically willing them to keep climbing. Sadly nobody completed the route. I'm sure even non-climbers would find it exciting to watch.

In reply to stp:

The BMC don't seem to have the time or expertise to get any sponsor's for the BBC or the BLCC, apart from Entre Prises who provide some of holds and volumes.

This amazes me as most of the other big events (eg the CWIF, the Battle of Britain, RocFest etc etc) manage to pick up some sponorship.
 SGD 01 Aug 2015

I liked the video. It was good to see so many different angles other than the normal back and side shots, the down views really helped to show how poor some of the holds were.

I have to admit it would have been great to see the whole thing but, ho hum.
 stp 02 Aug 2015
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

There's a lot of sponsor's logos printed all over the BBC wall this year. I was thinking of those.
Alex Messenger, BMC 03 Aug 2015
In reply to stp:

After a bit of chat and feedback on UKBouldering, we've just uploaded a longer edit of the 2015 BMC British Bouldering Champs to BMC TV:

http://tv.thebmc.co.uk/video/bbc-2015-more-action?current-channel=all-chann...

It's not raw footage, like you'd see after an event has been live streamed, but does show more of climbers on individual problems.

Hopefully we'll be able to stream the 2016 champs. Or, failing that, have a squad of Periscopers on the case.

In reply to stp:

Most of the sponsors on the wall are sponsors of Cliffhanger not of the BBC.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...