UKC

Anyone at Craig yr Isfa 25th July?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ian Jones 04 Aug 2015
Hi,
I was wondering if any UKCers were at Craig yr Isfa on Saturday 25th July. If you were on Amphitheatre Buttress I was wondering whether you took photos of the climbers on Aura. I was the wee bearded guy in the blue top. It is always hard to get decent action shots from the belayer. My mate Dan got a few shots of folk on the ridge. Maybe we can do a swap?

Cheers

Ian Jones
 Dave Rumney 04 Aug 2015
In reply to Ian Jones:

I looked in whilst walking past, but there were only 2 people on the big ledge above Aura and 2 others starting on Pinnacle Wall.
I didn't take any photos.
Good route though isn't it?
Did you do Pinnaclissima after?
OP Ian Jones 05 Aug 2015
In reply to Dave Rumney:

Aye Dave,

That would have been us on the terrace about to start Pinnaclissima. Both great routes; Aura would probably get the **** rating in Scotland. We thought Pinnaclissima might merit E3. First ever visit and very satisfying.
Thanks for the reply.

Ian Jones
 Robert Durran 05 Aug 2015
In reply to Ian Jones:

> Aye Dave,

> Aura would probably get the **** rating in Scotland.

The whole reason for having the four star system in Scotland is to reflect the fact that the best routes in Scotland are better than any south of the border. Aura cannot, therefore, almost by definition be worth ****. It is very, very good though. Maybe top end ***.
OP Ian Jones 05 Aug 2015
In reply to Robert Durran:

Pish (to use a north of the border exclamation of disbelief and despair).
 Robert Durran 05 Aug 2015
In reply to Ian Jones:

> Pish

Ok. Upper middle of the road ***
 Dave Rumney 06 Aug 2015
In reply to Ian Jones:

I certainly remember pinnaclissima being fairly intense climbing to the point where hanging on to the pinnacle was touch and go. Certainly no pushover at the grade.

There are other good routes there too well worth another visit. I hadn't appreciated that it dries so quickly there, I think it rained quite a bit the day before.
 Dave Rumney 06 Aug 2015
In reply to Robert Durran:

Is that how the Americans arrived at a 5 star system?
 Robert Durran 06 Aug 2015
In reply to Dave Rumney:

No, that's just their ignorance through insularity. Like their grading system.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...