UKC

Bouldering spots north Llyn

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
pasbury 06 Aug 2015
I'm going to be based on the North Llyn near Nefyn for a family holiday and might get to sneak out for a quick bouldering hit (lower grade stuff). Any local bouldering spots very near to nefyn or on the local beaches?
I know about Porth Ysgo but looking for somewhere I can get to a bit quicker.
 Wsdconst 06 Aug 2015
In reply to pasbury:
I went to nefyn last year it's really nice I just went for a trek around the different coves and soloed whatever I could find. Don't forget go for a pint in the little pub on the beach, ty coch inn I think it's called,the atmosphere is really good.ps have a good one
In reply to pasbury:

Carreg Lefain
Gwylwyr Quarry

These are the local crags near Nefyn. You'll find some bouldering in the quarry, and maybe some at the natural crag Lefain.

Declared interest: Duck Liver Pate in Gwylwyr is an old route of mine, from '97 I think. I'd like it to see some ascents, I think it's ***! ( well maybe one).

They're not right by the sea though.

There is a great bouldering wall down on a deserted stony beach at Craig Y Llam, if you go down the old quarry works incline from the clearing from where you would clamber down the steel hawser to access Fantan B, then scramble down to the little rocky cove between the Fantan B headland, and the main beach that stretches out towards Nant Gwtheyrn. I spent a lot of time there as a kid.
Access Craig Y Llam by turning down a farm track off the road from Nefyn just before reaching Llithfaen.

And if you want an adventure, and have ropes and partner, do Fantan B or Avernus on Trwyn Y Gorlech!
In reply to pasbury:

Re-read your OP: you're looking for a sneaky quick hit.

The beach at Craig Y Llam is the place to go.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...