UKC

Decimal votes for photos?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Greasy Prusiks 06 Aug 2015

Anyone else sometimes want to give a photo a half mark or similar when looking through the photos on UKC? Ie that photos really good but it's not quite superb, which I could give at 4.7 or something. Thoughts anyone?
Cheers,
Greasy
Post edited at 12:59
 petestack 06 Aug 2015
In reply to Greasy Prusiks:

Nope... I'd just can the voting system altogether!
In reply to petestack:

Presumably that's how the weeks top photos are gathered though?
 Robert Durran 06 Aug 2015
In reply to petestack:

Without the voting, the photos couldn't be sorted roughly by quality and you'd have to trawl through all the dross to see the good ones.
 petestack 06 Aug 2015
In reply to Robert Durran:

For sure, but why upload 'dross' at all? For the number of votes required to sort the 'top photos', the five-point scale is already quite sufficient when the OP's 4.7 is probably effectively established between voters without individual agonising over what's a 4.6, 4.7 or 4.8, and who needs options like 0.1 or 0.2 for things that simply weren't worth sharing?

So, yes, I sometimes look at the top photos, have been impressed by some (I like your gallery, Rob!) and admit to enjoying the time one of mine nearly won, but haven't voted on a photo here for years because there's also much I don't like about the system and how folk appear to use it...
 Robert Durran 06 Aug 2015
In reply to petestack:

> For sure, but why upload 'dross' at all?

Good question - maybe someone who uploads dross will come along and tell us..............actually someone will probably come along and ask me......

> So, yes, I sometimes look at the top photos..........but haven't voted on a photo here for years.

So let others filter out the good photos for you so that you can look at them. Seems a good system!
 petestack 06 Aug 2015
In reply to Robert Durran:

> So let others filter out the good photos for you so that you can look at them. Seems a good system!

Can't argue with that!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...