UKC

McAphee

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Co1in H 07 Aug 2015
Anyone ever been able to contact this company.
My two experiences were rubbish.
Q. I need help sorting out a virus. A. We'll send you an email to do it yourself!
Q. Stop taking money from my account, I don't want your "service". A. Consider it done sir.
No it wasn't and now they've taken the last £60 from my account leaving me skint.
My bank say that because McAphee have my card numbers they cannot stop or recall the payment other than by cancelling my card.
I've been on the phone now for 28 mins and keep getting told that all their agents are "assisting" other customers.
Anyone know of any shortcuts?
Removed User 07 Aug 2015
In reply to Co1in H:
First of all, never pay for antivirus.

Second, never use Mcafee, because it's been shit since about 1998. Other shit antivirus fyi: Norton, AVG, anything you have to pay for.

Third, uninstall all their stuff and download malwarebytes, run that to solve whatever malware problems you've got (probably has nothing to do with viruses). Run it over and over till it scans clear.

Once it shows clear, if you're using internet explorer, download firefox (preferably) or google chrome. Install ublock origin by going tools > add ons > and search ublock in the top right corner. Once that's done also install ghostery via the same method. You should be fine from there, if you notice any issues re-scan with malwarebytes.

If you MUST install an antivirus, go for Avast! which is free. With a decent browser and the above addons it's highly unlikely you'll need one, malwarebytes should take care of any problems, and that's free as well.
Post edited at 10:25
Removed User 07 Aug 2015
In reply to Co1in H:

The above is obviously assuming you do mean Mcafee and you're not talking about a scam program calling itself McAphee.
OP Co1in H 07 Aug 2015
In reply to Removed User:

Thanks for the advice and apologies for my rubbish spelling this morning. I am normally a spelling pedant.
Removed User 07 Aug 2015
In reply to Co1in H:

Hope it works for you!

@ the mcaphee message, it wouldn't be the first time (or the 10th time) someone was paying a scam company as their name was similar to that of a well known company! Just making sure you weren't being scammed.
 marsbar 08 Aug 2015
In reply to Co1in H:

Keep at them and the bank. I did eventually manage to get them to stop.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...