UKC

has anyone had a Fuji Finepix S9500?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tall Clare 14 Aug 2015
Hello all,

A friend has an (inherited) Fuji Finepix S9500, which doesn't seem to be working quite right - batteries are draining almost immediately so she can't really do anything with it.

It occurred to me that the firmware might need updating, but when I've googled, the information seems to request a freshly formatted compact flash card, which I can't do because my computer doesn't have a CF card reader...

Any thoughts/help out there? The only things I have are the camera itself and the cable that connects it to the computer...

Many thanks in advance!
interdit 14 Aug 2015
In reply to Tall Clare:

It may just need a new battery?
Hard to tell.

Is the charger faulty?
These things contain chips, as do the batteries, so they can both determine the best charging strategy. If either is faulty it will be difficult to diagnose without access to a spare charger and battery.

> It occurred to me that the firmware might need updating, but when I've googled, the information seems to request a freshly formatted compact flash card, which I can't do because my computer doesn't have a CF card reader...
It will not accept an SD ?
Had a quick google and the links I find indicate firmware update over USB - http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/s/finepix...

> Any thoughts/help out there? The only things I have are the camera itself and the cable that connects it to the computer...

My only thought are that I once had an S5000 and at the time, for a 3MP camera, it knocked out some great quality images.
The internal battery died about 3 days after the 1yr warranty date and Fuji didn't give a shit.
Looks like there are some great Fuji cameras out there at the minute,but I'm not buying one
interdit 14 Aug 2015
In reply to Tall Clare:

Memory coming back now from a decade ago. When they say 'compact flash' what they are taking about is an xD card.

Like an SD card, but developed by Olympus and Fuji. Smaller, better but the Betamax of the card world. Obsolete.

Either do your firmware update over USB, or if it demands a formatted card with firmware then you need to get on amazon and buy a USB card reader that supports xD.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_11?url=search-alias%3Daps&fi...

Do not put an xD in an SD slot on your computer!
Either way, if it's struggling to stay on for any length of time with the battery then you will need to put it on mains adapter power for the update or you risk bricking it.
interdit 14 Aug 2015
In reply to Tall Clare:

doh!
.. After a tiny bit of research I find the S9500 was a dual xD and CF camera.
Either way, update via USB or buy a USB card reader to match the format of the card in the camera.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...